Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The rise of Mobile Phone theft in Great Britain

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36971 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1676 Solutions

An interesting article, on a subject that generates much traffic on the Community - or perhaps less now that OTAC/2FA has been introduced 🤔

https://archive.ph/Uqtyj

(de-paywalled from the FT)

1000019067.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6976 Posts
  • 130 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Some of that article is stating the obvious @pgn. If fewer people are carrying cash, incidents of the theft of cash are likely to reduce. Similarly, as more individuals carry mobile 'phones, thefts of them are likely to increase. 👍

It is all down to opportunity ! 😀 

However, the detail in the article is useful, particularly as a reminder as to how to avoid problems in the first place. 😎

Message 2 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36971 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1676 Solutions

I guess the moral is "Hang on to your handset", or possibly "Stash the phone" when perambulating publicly. And be aware of your surroundings...

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123759 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

Interesting article @pgn although over a period of so many years it isn't surprising. When you see so many people walking around openly holding their phones in their hands, texting, calling or even running with headphones. 12 years ago that would be similar to holding a £1000 in your hands!

Virtually saying 'Come and get me'!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6976 Posts
  • 130 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

I guess the moral is "Hang on to your handset", or possibly "Stash the phone" when perambulating publicly. And be aware of your surroundings...

Yes @pgn although I must admit that I have a handset with banking etc apps thereon that I only take out of the house if I know that I will need it ! 👍

Message 5 of 5