cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The infamous O2 Scam Repair Centre, do they actually do anything? Samsung are just to Blame!!!!

ButtonBash
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The O2 Repair Centre is just a scam. Honestly I don't think they even have a repair centre. Bunch of people saying "my computer says no"

I got my Samsung Fold 4 in Aug 2022 and after 8 months the Hinge had an issue, it would not fold completely flat. From what I can see online, this is a very common problem with Samsung Fold phones.

When I spoke with o2, the Customer service lady said that she alone was getting around 4 to 5 calls a day about the same problem. She then when on a inciteful rant about how O2 never fixing faulty phones because they will make up some excuse about the phone being dropped or damage, so it's not a manufacture fault and void the warranty. She said, even if you have a tiny scratch from wear and tear they will deem it dropped or damage by user.

She told me to to take photos of my Samsung before sending it because in some of the cases, the O2 repair centre will create small damages to void the warranty. WTF!! Unfortunately, Samsung won't take liability for their hinge problem and O2 don't want to do the right thing for their customers because it will eat into there massive profit margins. 

Anyway, I sent my phone off as I have never dropped/damaged it and it's in mint condition, so surely they have to fix it.

But, low and behold I get this message from O2 - "Your phone isn't covered by your SAMSUNG warranty, because damage has been diagnosed on the device: (phone is slightly bent damaged/broken hinge)" 

OMG Duh O2 I know the Hinge is damage/broken, this is why I sent it off. It's a flipping common problem. Like I said I have never dropped the phone or bent my phone, so I very curious what my phone is going to look like when it comes back to me. FYI they wanted me to pay £631.01 Inc. VAT for them fix it. Good one O2!!! Think it's time to move back to EE. 

Would love to know if anyone has ever gotten their phone fixed under O2 warranty?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36196 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

I had about 4 HTC One mini phones replaced within the 28days of purchase rule due to cracks around the power and volume buttons showing after a couple of weeks... Only had a phone repaired once, decades ago before smartphones, was done free and I was lent a brick phone for the couple of weeks it took for the repair and return, all via the local O2 shop. Those were the days, @ButtonBash.

Message 2 of 17

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6673 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Only experience was a friend with an S22 plus, but he went direct to Samsung. They came to him on their mobile repair service and fixed it.

With Samsung I always advise going direct to them, never by the network 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123121 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

My eldest had an old iPhone bought direct from Apple. It had a problem with the screen and he was going to send it to O2 repairs, until I stepped in and told him to talk to apple. He went to a genius store and they fixed it for him and charged him £48. It gave him another 2 years life with that phone, until he had enough money to buy a more recent model.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 17

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

I have a feeling the person you spoke to no longer works for o2, as that is total and utter crap

Just so you know Ingram Micro who are the repair centre (for Samsung and Networks). work to what they are told by Samsung (and Apple etc).. And I have never heard of them doing anything to void a warranty..

The problem is if Samsung diagnostics say its been dropped via all the accelerometers and the like, then the tech isn't allowed to fix it FOC.. Your other problem is Samsung are very good at not acknowledging issues with the phones..  

So unfortunately nothing o2 can do about it, your only option is to go through Shamsung...

Im just giving what happens...  Apple, Sony and the ilk are exactly the same..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 17

MJPL
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Take mobile to Samsung they warranty your device for 2 years even when purchased with O2. O2 are scammers since they joined Virgin 2 years ago. Dented my mobile when sent for repair. O2 carries are a rip off too can get cheaper elsewhere please be warned 

Message 6 of 17

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36196 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@MJPL wrote:... repair. O2 carries are a rip off too...

"carries", @MJPL ?

Do you mean 'cases' or 'covers'?

Message 7 of 17

MJPL
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tariffs lol I'd normally proof read but I've wasted too much time on O2 thanks for noticing though 

Message 8 of 17

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5990 Posts
  • 103 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@MJPL wrote:

Tariffs lol I'd normally proof read but I've wasted too much time on O2 thanks for noticing though 

That's your personal opinion @MJPL but O2 have tens of millions of customers who presumably shopped around and feel an O2 tariff is value for money. 👍  

Message 9 of 17

MJPL
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What were you expecting? This is a forum for customer and obviously for personal experiences so yes your correct. Also do you have the statistics you speak about or is that your personal belief? I am a O2 cusromer currently and I realised I was totally conned for not shopping around for example my tarriff with Tesco was (end of last year 2023) around £13.50 with an extra 20% off for Clubcard holders. Guess what my O2 tarroff costs for the same allowance... £35 so from personal experience and maybe im the only O2 cusromer out of the thousands who discovered the extortionate difference between O2 and competition. I have been an O2 customer for 15 year patron and thats why i paid more but more fool me becuaer they are not the company of old. So yes personal experiwnce mixed with research and liaisions. I am a CURRENT O2 customer who has experienced many issues in the past 2 years since O2 joined with Virgin. So again be warned and please shop around cos they are not the same company O2 were 3 years ago. I'm not going to proof read so apologise in advance if my grammar or spelling isn't up to your expectations also. Thanks for reading

Message 10 of 17