cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text keyboard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Non-Qwerty: I tried to text. Doing normal text design when, for no reason the key pad went haywire mistyping my letters. Threw the phone away and put SIM card in another phone. Same again, so thought 2nd phone duff! Hang on! So put SIM card in wife's phone and same again. Q? SIM Card or phone. So returned wife's SIM Card and hey presto keypad working perfectly. So conclusion is that my SIM Card is malfunctioning on texting. How do I restore normal text function for my O2 PAYG account?

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem solved by O2 shop team. I had gone into ‘Predicted Text‘ mode by (long?) pressing (probably accidentally) the * key (Nokia 5yrs old). So the kind chap just pressed the * key and restored ‘normal’ service. Simple (if you know how!). But really great to have such a helpful O2 shop.

Message 16 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

What phone do you have? Either way you could try turning the phone off and back on again. That's known to cure a multitude of problems

If you need a new sim pop into your local O2 store and pick one up from there.... or order online 

https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Easiest solution is the O2 store and a sim change and with the diagnosis you've already done that seems to be the problem. New one on me to be honest,  never heard of a sim causing that particlulnar issue. We live and learn. ...

Message 3 of 23

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Never heard of that one either.
Let us know if a new sim fixed it please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 23

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never heard of this before, I'd thought either just turning the phone on & off or doing a factory reset might do the trick
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for shared thoughts. Thinks a visit to (fortunately) local O2 shop called for.

Message 7 of 23

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck
Message 9 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for shared thoughts. Thinks a visit to (fortunately) local O2 shop called for.

Best of luck. As we say this is a new one on us so please let us know the outcome...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 23