Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff renewed when i changed my phone

HutchUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I changed my phone a few months ago as i couldnt get on with Iphone and wanted to go back to Samsung. I traded in my phone and got a new S6 but checked my account today to find that my airtime tariff had been restarted from this date to???

I thought the phone contract and billing contract were now seperate? I at no time asked for this or gave my permission. Can you confirm that this is as i think incorrect. Although i have been with O2 for many years i have no coverage at home at all and work is now next to useless, whereas my staff have 4G on other companies.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
Yes they are separate but run consecutively.
If you take a new contract your device plan and airtime start as new together.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
Yes they are separate but run consecutively.
If you take a new contract your device plan and airtime start as new together.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

HutchUK
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So what is the point of splitting them? Seems to offer no benifits just a gimick as usual. If i had know i would have paid off theiphone and took a contact elsewhere  😞 O2 seem to be getting worse on the customer service, just spin and gimmick and they are getting left behind on rural coverage

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
The main benefit is so you can pay off phone early and upgrade so it suits people who like a new phone every 6 months, for example.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

HutchUK
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately this is not how it was explained to me in the shop. They said it was a completely seperate entity and the 2 contract ran seperately. I feel i have been misled 😞 Oh well 12 months i will have to put up with no service, 3G would be a dream , 4G is a mythical Unicorn. Oh hang on just a signal would be nice!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
You can pay off the device plan and walk away if you wish.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you knew this about the signal beforehand then you should've gone with another network they suits your needs instead of signing another o2 contract
Message 7 of 7