cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Up Clarifications (to community team)

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To the O2 staff running this community: there have been a load of posts relating to switch up and the changes coming, with little clarification from O2. 

Can we please, for the sake of clarity of the product being offered, get some answers on the following:

1) Is the official policy for switch up changing for those on plus plans to now be every 90 days as many stores are telling customers (including myself)?

2) If you are in a 36 month agreement and you switch up at any time (because you’re on a plus plan), and you then change your mind/ don’t like the new phone / decide you wish to leave, are you free to cancel? Some stores are telling people you can, but the FAQ section of the website says differently. 

3) If when switching up you fail the credit check, are you left phoneless?

I’m sure people have other questions but we need answers to these questions please because rumours aren’t good. The product offering of upgrading ‘whenever you want’, if changing to 90 days is a completely different offering and so I’d like to know the answers so I can decide whether this is worth me committing to for 3 years or not…. If changes are constantly going to be made and the offering diluted all the time. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Itsalive1978
  • 28 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How will the store know which terms apply to you? 

Message 11 of 22

MrFrenzy
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Chris. To clarify, I switched up from a previous phone last week to a new phone. I’m not sure I like it, so I can cancel within 14 days and it ends the contract penalty free right? When I text for my pac it says I’m in the change of mind period so can return the phone and cancel for free. 

and if I decide to keep the phone and contract I can switch up whenever I want as many times as I want forever essentially, because I was on a plus plan before august…

I think it’s a benefit of the switch up that you can essentially cancel the contract by switching up and cancelling if you don’t like the phone or decide to leave o2, as it gives more flexibility. So want to clarify this please. 

Message 12 of 22

MrFrenzy
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K would you mind confirming?

Message 13 of 22

unfitguy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Switched up today showed the store this forum and an O2 DM from Twitter they said both were wrong and that 100% I would only be allowed to switch every 3 months, it's all a mess tbh

Message 14 of 22

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10311 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

Which store @unfitguy 

@Chris_K another store not understanding the rules....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 15 of 22

madasaf1sh
  • 10311 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

Just to add my experience today at Meadowhall Sheffield, o2 store..

Switched Up from and iPhone 14 Pro Max to the Z Flip 5, Lee and the other store staff where excellent, and confirmed that I can switch as I did today and even pre-ordered my Pixel Fold... 

So not every store is getting it wrong @Chris_K 

- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 16 of 22

Itsalive1978
  • 28 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried switching up at Cribs Causeway....told I must wait 90 days, tried to explain what has been said on here but they weren't buying it 😡

Message 17 of 22

MrFrenzy
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K can you please answer my question re leaving o2 after switching up / I.E within 14 days of a switch up?

Message 18 of 22

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Itsalive1978 wrote:

How will the store know which terms apply to you? 

Via dates - if you were on a Switch Up enabled Plus Plan up to and including 2nd August 2023, you're on our anytime terms. If you were on a Switch Up enabled Plus Plan from 3rd August 2023, you're on our 90 day terms.

@unfitguy wrote:

Hi @Chris_K thanks for the update, been on SwitchUp since Sep 22, if I switch up now does that mean I accept the new T&C and can subsequently only change every 90 days.  Basically the same @Itsalive1978 question below

You'll be on the anytime terms, so can Switch Up whenever you like and you'll remain on those terms.

@MrFrenzy wrote:

@Chris_K can you please answer my question re leaving o2 after switching up / I.E within 14 days of a switch up?

Sorry I haven't answered yet - just seeking some clarity on this one as I'm a little unsure myself if I'm 100% honest with you as I don't recall this Q coming up before.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 19 of 22

madasaf1sh
  • 10311 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

@Chris_K 

It would be good if myo2 showed the terms you are on, rather than this 

madasaf1sh_0-1692618795231.png