Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with customer service

AnonCustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just wasted 23 minutes of my life on the phone with someone from O2 support whom I could barely understand. I'm not trying to discriminate against people from other backgrounds; I myself am from a minority background. But it was an absolute struggle.

I received a call this morning offering me a discount, which sounded like a scam caller. I called O2 later to report the scam.

The person I spoke to the second time told me it wasn't a scam and then went through this process of offering me a discount on my plan. Could barely understand through a very heavy accent. After 20 minutes on this call I eventually worked out I was being offered a £1 per month discount. I appreciate she also put in a lot of work to try and sort out this special offer but I just had to end the call (after apologising profusely). 

Completely not worth my time. And all this faffing about with a new SIM card and agreeing to terms over the phone. Who is this helping?

How do I opt out of more marketing calls from O2?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

I'm pretty sure it was a scam, and one that is well know here. O2 do not ring people offering discounts.

Don't know what number you called, hopefully not the one they called you on. If it was the real  O2 you called then it was probably an agent trying to take advantage of the situation to earn a few bob.

Trust you did not give out any information 

Have a read here

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 12

AnonCustomer
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be frank, the whole experience was strange. I definitely didn't hand out any personal information the first time because it seemed suspicious.

The number I called the second time was actually from the O2 website itself for reporting scams: 

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 3.18.54 pm.png

Message 3 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@AnonCustomer Scam phone calls and texts are a worldwide plague. They aren't specific to O2.

You can block the number that called you, or any number you think may be suspicious.

How to block a number:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062352/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

AnonCustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? At least the second time around I called a number provided by O2 themselves. Does O2 have some unusual incentive program for the agents to sign people up to new plans?

I would have been paying less money to O2 on the new plan compared to my current plan. The system makes no sense. 

Message 5 of 12

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@AnonCustomer wrote:

Thank you.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? At least the second time around I called a number provided by O2 themselves. Does O2 have some unusual incentive program for the agents to sign people up to new plans?

I would have been paying less money to O2 on the new plan compared to my current plan. The system makes no sense. 

But maybe @AnonCustomer it would have extended your contact with O2 ? 

And yes, CS advisors appear to incentivised to sell contracts. 👍 

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You may have been paying less money but I would have thought it would be a new contract so commission would be paid on that to the adviser.

Trying to sell on a call seems to have been a cross-over from Virginmedia where it was almost mandatory for aagents to persuade you into either taking out a new contract or extending the current one

Message 7 of 12

Marek1990
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is no email address so I ask here: I set up my direct debit and payment isn't taken for long time. I got messages about extra charges. Any solution ? Direct debit was set at least 10 days ago. Today is 31.03.24. 

Message 8 of 12

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

@Marek1990 This is not O2 and we cannot access accounts

I would suggest checking your banking app to double check a direct debit has been set up with them.

No payments will go out over the bank holidays

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 12

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Marek1990 wrote:

There is no email address so I ask here: I set up my direct debit and payment isn't taken for long time. I got messages about extra charges. Any solution ? Direct debit was set at least 10 days ago. Today is 31.03.24. 

@Marek1990 

Ten days' ago does include two weekends and Good Friday, so maybe this is still in the pipeline ? 

I would be inclined to give it until say Wednesday and if nothing has happened by then, you can 'phone the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217. They are open :-

Monday to Friday - 8am to 8pm

Saturday - 8am to 6pm

Sunday - 9am to 6pm

You probably appreciate that this is a customer to customer community and hence we cannot access customer accounts or intervene directly. 👍

Message 10 of 12