Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry we made a mistake in contract

JAYCALJAY_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi did anyone receive email from news@o2-email.co.uk regarding mistake and apology from O2? This was in November 2023

Email received said.... 

We’re sorry, we made a mistake in the Contract Information document that we provided to you when you joined us and told you some incorrect out-of-bundle costs.

That covers things like SMS, MMS and voice calls outside of your usual allowance.

As this is our mistake, we’re going to honour the pricing we originally communicated to you. So, if you use any of the following out-of-bundle services, we’ll charge you at the prices in the table below until the time you next upgrade with us.The amount you’ve overpaid until now, plus an additional 4% interest, will be credited to your O2 account within the next 45 days.

There’s nothing you need to do, but please head to your My O2 account to make sure your contact details are up to date, so we can send important updates relating to your account in the future.

Thanks,

O2

I have since upgraded and had no communication. I chased the outcome of this but was told months after requesting information that yet again they APOLOGISE. Was told have gone through my notes and want to apologise for this misinformation.  My account waa investigated and can not see any mention of a refund. But offered me £30 off my next bill for the inconveniences.

I have since replied with the contract stating the incorrect pricing. Proving the email I received was correct.

Have I heard from  anyone since..... Of course not and this is why posting on forum. 5 months and still not resolved!! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5689 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@JAYCALJAY_ 

So what you are saying is that O2 offered you the amount overpaid plus 4 per cent interest ; and then they offered you £30 (either as well as or instead of the overpaid sum) ; and you have not had either ?

If that's the case, I think that I would be inclined to submit a formal complaint :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Do you have any idea how much you are owed in terms of the overpaid sum plus interest ? O2 are currently taking eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints, but you could try to make things easy for them by suggesting a reasonable credit to your bill that you would be happy to accept in settlement. 

Please keep us updated on developments.  

Message 2 of 6

JAYCALJAY_
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When sent complaint regarding this they said was incorrect information but would offered me £30. However i had proof was charged incorrect prices on my contract and had the email from o2 stating this. Have raised complaint again and again but not getting any help. So dont understand if i have the contract and email from o2 confirming they charged me incorrect prices how can they say its wrong and cant find this. Taking this further now as o2 dont want to help 

Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
  • 5689 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@JAYCALJAY_ 

Good luck and please keep us updated on developments. 👍

Message 4 of 6

JAYCALJAY_
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still not been resolved. Cant even download bills from November unless have Abode and start free free trial and add bank details. I don't want to add bank details because of issues with o2 scammers. Im really struggling trying to contact someone who don't pass on my details. Been cut off so no one can call me or message me. My account online shows as issues and passed to debt collectors??? . However i can make phone calls. But when calling anyone my number not showing to them. My account closed. So whats happening? I cant contact over email because of scam and fake emails. I can call out like i said but i know not secure as get dial tone whenever call someone as if im calling abroad. More to this but how can I contact someone who actually from O2 pls. I even tried calling from my phone but gave them my daughters number to call me back on because like i said cant get incoming calls. But then  then started getting scam calls and texts. What can i do.? 

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
  • 5689 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@JAYCALJAY_ 

Did you submit a formal complaint in early March as we discussed ?

If so, it is taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints, so you should expect to hear an outcome around or soon after the end of this month. 

Message 6 of 6