Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Positive O2 News

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There's been a lot of negativiity on this forum lately with people threatening to go elsewhere and dump O2 after 15 years of being a loyal customer, etc etc ad nauseam.

Well, there was an interesting article in Saturday's Guardian about Vodafone. Apparently they are increasing bills of customers on "fixed" contracts. Now we all thought that if you sign a contract then the price is fixed for the duration - NOT SO. They also quoted one Voda customer who signed up for an iPhone5 contract one day and 24 hours later received a text stating that his monthly line rental would be increasing.

There's lot's more to this story what with Which and Ofcom already involved, but the gist of it is that nearly all the operators are at it, including Orange, T-Mobile and Three. Except one. You guessd it, O2 stated that it had not increased prices midway through contracts, and had no plans to do so.

Think I'll stick with O2 - just my 10p worth

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
You are correct, both Orange and 3 have recently done this. Apparently they have a "clause" in their contracts (in favour of the network, obviously) which allows them to do this......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi PiedPiper,

I've moved your thread to the discussions and feedback forum. Hope that's okay slight_smile

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 3 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree the grass elsewhere isn't always greener!Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 9

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I've got a sim only on VF and renewed in July. Didn't get a text but I do feel sympathy for those who went to VF for an iphone 5 to be told the next day, you're paying more. Oh wait, there's no 7 day return clause either!

Saying that, VF have a history of increasing prices or dumping contracts thus forcing you onto a new tariff without much notice. On the plus side, I've never known o2 to do this at all in the last 5 or so years bar though certain things have gone up, its the underlying tariff has been reduced in content. Effectively an increase but not a noticeable one to most.

I wonder how many of those posters recently have now regretted slating o2 over the iphone 5 after going to VF?

Message 5 of 9

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

I've got a sim only on VF and renewed in July. Didn't get a text but I do feel sympathy for those who went to VF for an iphone 5 to be told the next day, you're paying more. Oh wait, there's no 7 day return clause either!

Saying that, VF have a history of increasing prices or dumping contracts thus forcing you onto a new tariff without much notice. On the plus side, I've never known o2 to do this at all in the last 5 or so years bar though certain things have gone up, its the underlying tariff has been reduced in content. Effectively an increase but not a noticeable one to most.

I wonder how many of those posters recently have now regretted slating o2 over the iphone 5 after going to VF?

Yep, I've tried them all over the years & 02 is by far the most reliable, most consistent & most cost-effective provider. Do your homework, get the handset you want with the actual tariff you want/need & read the T & C's of your chosen contract, you won't find a better provider. slight_smile

Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 6 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for these thoughts GrahamF and sheepdog slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 9

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

mmm well a thread worthy of my thoughts lol.

Ive been with all the networks and still have a contract with 3 for my Data usage to which ive also had a Contract and Inflation rise. Due to my needs Ive only recently cancelled with Vodafone which again same rule of inflation rise (Or whatever) they called it at the time.

That turned into their loss and o2 Gain and they offer me a lot to stay which i said if you can do it once, you can do it again... No thanks.

Ive been also been with O2 now for a very long time and havnt had one increase compaire to three, orange and vodefone.

But this is where I look at things differently to what other customers may see.

O2 may not be the cheapest, they dont advertise as they are, so why do i stay with them.

I dont just look at what i get with my contract per month, I look at other factors.

08 Numbers on o2 are one of the cheapest in mobile networks.

Going abroad, O2 outside of EU charge for the 1st Min and then 15 second intervals there after, other networks charge per min hugh cost different beleive me.

I was with Orange along while before my days of o2, and when in USA. I was charged for listing to the ringing before the person picked up. So when i initiated the call in the Us and if the person didnt pick up, well that will be £1.10 please. ouch

O2 have never charged me this, Im only charged from when the persobn picks up and then its only 90p per min.

Its nice that networks offer 3500 mins, 5000 sms and so on, but what people dont see be hide all that shiney flashing stuff, is the real cost of using the phone for everyday useage outside there 3500 mins and so on.

Good customer care as well. Im not totally a fan of o2 shops and they need revamping big time and need to get back to good old customer values and care, but o2 call centers have generally always been very good and im hoping that o2 sees its way in letting Captia moving some call center staff jobs to South Africa 😞

So thats my thoughts on the subject.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for these thoughts Darren.

What is it about the shops especially? I'm interested to hear your views

Concise as always wink

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 9