Did you mean: 

Signal

Ashleigh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

I have been with o2 for a few years now and moving to London has meant that I never have signal!

I have rang to discuss it and every time I get cut off due to call failed on my iPhone 7 I have reset the network settings and had a new sim I have another phone with you and an iPad and more often than not when I have no service I use this device for work!

I even couldn’t join a conference call with work due to this! The my network app says each time that the area is fine!

When I call they say the area is fine! One guy even said London the signal is very good and shouldn’t need to complain!

He odviously doesn’t visit very often I moved in January it’s almost November 11 months no service and no solutions!

Please can you advise! I still have another year and a half on this contract!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Could be network congestion you could try putting your phone in 3g only and 2g mode also report problem with the myo2 network app and report through that
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Ashleigh Is your signal bad everywhere you go, or just in specific areas? Do you know of anyone else on O2 who is having the same problems as you are? Do people on other networks where you are get a good signal?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

Ashleigh
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I worked for o2 before so have followed all the steps I would tell customers to follow! But it’s just so bad! I have three phones and an iPad on o2 the only network that works in my house is three!
Message 4 of 8

Ashleigh
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s bad pretty much every where Balham was really bad for a long time and that is where I worked!
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sounds to me like it's time for you to move to another provider, @Ashleigh.Smiley Frustrated

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

Ashleigh
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Only trouble is I am only half way through this contract!!
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Did you renew your contract before or after you moved to London? I know you say you moved in January and halfway through your contract?

If you are on Refresh you could pay off the device and give 30 days notice for the airtime. You need to work out the cost and whether you can continue to manage with no signal for the rest of your contract.

Obviously you could make a complaint and go down the route of trying to leave without penalty, others have been successful in doing that.

No need to post the link as you are ex-staff so you really know all this.

Message 8 of 8