Did you mean: 

Service by customer care team

SC-9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Diabolical customer care team:
I am just flabbergasted to find out O2's approach towards their paid customers. I have been going through 3-6 hours a day with O2 customer care team from Philippine last 3 days to process my upgrade since 27th March 2024. I was sent a link with the contract to sign but the link had never worked as soon as I opened the link. I made further 10 calls and spent hours talking to customer care team with little or no English based in Philippine as my calls are picked up by the customer care team based in Philippine only. The calls I made to enquire about the issues with my new upgrade/ contract link not working, none of the customer care team could assist or knows how to resolve the issues. My experience with all other platforms of customer care team in O2 was the same. I contacted O2 customer care team via my O2 apps, the web chat no and direct message but so far no resolution. I paid upfront £200 to reduce my device price and not sure when the money that was placed on hold will be released. Nothing has been resolved todate. I spent another 5 hours with 3 customer care assistance from Philippine to place a new order on 29th March. I am no where close to completing my upgrade with O2. O2 staffs I spoke to don't know their opening hours. They are rude, inexperienced and most of them are not able to communicate in English. I raised a complaint but I doubt I will get a response from O2. The customer care assistants I spoke to so far most of them are not keeping any record of the conversations or disconnecting the calls when they were unable to understand the customer query due to poor English and hence they were unable to provide a response. The customers are paying substantial money for the services. My pay monthly contract is one of the higher pay over the last 25 years. My 02 Apps only picking up one bill. There is no details of my SIM card. I just randomly get notification. Apps has not working sometime.  When I call O2. I don’t go through security steps which means there is no security on my account. No customer survey or feedback send by O2 to me which tells me you are manually submitting  your feedback due to poor customer reviews.

I raised a complaint yesterday 28/02/2024 and told someone will call me within 24 hours but no one called me. I raised another complaint today- ref no: CCTB884118.
Can someone from O2 tells me what is going on with O2 and as to why you are charging me arms and legs but not providing the services I am paying. Lastly what is your opening hours from UK. Your customer team opened 9am and closed before 6pm today. Today is bank holiday your automated message for UK should have correct opening hours. I sent an enquiry to your social medial team and their response time is 72 hours. So there is nothing you will respond or treat as urgent as a company. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Nobody from O2 here now, just customers.

It you have put in an Official Complain as per

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Be aware O2 have eight weeks to respond before you can request a Deadlock letter and go to the Ombudsman.

One a complaint is lodged Customer Services will not help further.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@SC-9 

If you ring this number tomorrow you will possibly get through to the UK sales team, as I did earlier in the week, when I had laptop upgrade issues. 0808 002 0202 

But if you have logged a complaint then they may not help you..

I also got a text survey asking me to rate the agent, and the service I received, so give that number a try... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

SC-9
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much. I feel exhausted and unwell as I need to upgrade my phone urgently. I will give it a try tomorrow. O2 charged me for my Apple Watch contract over 6 months during the period my watch was not working. I asked them to cancel the Apple Watch contract. It took O2 - 6 months to respond to that complaint. I am not holding my breath. I will call this number  tomorrow. 

Message 4 of 6

SC-9
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know this platform is for customers only. However, I am trying to understand how O2 is operating by reviewing responses from the customer who may have faced with the experience as mine. Not seeking any resolution here. 

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@SC-9 wrote:

I know this platform is for customers only. However, I am trying to understand how O2 is operating by reviewing responses from the customer who may have faced with the experience as mine. Not seeking any resolution here. 

Use the search box on the Community homepage then @SC-9 ; search for terms such as "Complaint".

If your objective is to gather information and data, that is your way forward. 👍  

Message 6 of 6