Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam

Bee4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As many of you - I had a number of calls this month from scammers. I am used to scam calls (not just from ‘supposed O2’!) are by people with a foreign accent, and it can be quickly judged whether it’s a scam or not by the scammer not really having any general chit chat beyond the initial ‘How are you Ma’am’?’ then they are in a hurry trying to get to the information they need, completely dismissing anything you say that is not relevant to their goal. What was alarming to me was a super polite guy, perfect English accent, 1 minute chitchat about how I was, the weather etc… ‘Immaculate customer service!’ Then to the promotion offer nonsense… And when I said that would be cool, he was about to transfer me to his supervisor - I didn’t actually have time to talk, so asked him to call me back another time. Which he did. I went along with it. But eventually got fed up waiting for the supervisor so hung up. By the second call I knew it wasn’t legit. But the local accent completely sold it to me initially. Please be vigilant. 

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0