Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls

Alimarsh45
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with o2 for years. I have always had the occasional scam call but usually it is from a mobile number which I generally ignore and they never leave a message. However in the last few months I have been getting at least one call a day from a UK area code from really random towns , even very small towns that if answered always has an Indian voice claiming to be from just about any agency you can imagine. I block every one. I must have blocked literally hundreds by now. Is anybody else having this annoying problem ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Unfortunately yes @Alimarsh45 

Many if not all mobile owners are seeing an increase in scam calls recently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

scammed010921
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I had this today - unfortunately for the first time ever I fell for it.  This resulted in the scammers changing my password.  

I was able to regain control of my account after about 30mins (I contacted the bank first and disabled my phone and app banking).  

However in the time the damage is done - there is a fairly basic flaw in the o2 security that means once the scammers have contol of the account they can gain control again at will.  

I have spent a very frustrating couple of hours testing the site, at the same time as trying to contact them to tell them of the fault.  I have been unable to talk to anyone and have instead scheduled a call for Friday at 9:30am - that was the earliest  call time they could provide. 

If any one knows how I can escalate my concerns that would be great.  I'm sure they must know about this problem which leaves anyone who has had there account taken control of vunerable to future attacks

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions