Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call

jbab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi i rang a number that was supposed to be Utilita Gas & Electric and when answered was told it was the wrong one and said they would put me through to the correct one which they did i then spent 30 mins waiting to speak to someone so i hung up.

Today i had a message from O2 telling me i had reached my limit for out of contract set when i took the  contract out with Virgin.

On checking my bill i saw that i had a premium call charge of in excess of £12.00 and on seeing the number i realized it was the call i made to Utilita  i then checked the who called me to find it is a scam that connects you to a premium number.

So this morning i rang O2 to see if they could do anything about the charge and got no help and i would have to pay for the call.

As i am a pensioner and find it hard to make ends meet at the best of times i can only say that i am very disappointed with the response i got.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Regretfully there is little O2 can do.

Often when you search for a number via the likes of Google, these sort of scam companies come top of the search 

Usually the real number you want will be in the 080 or O3 range. Anything else avoid 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@jbab That is a real shame 🙁

Although the "horse has bolted" on this the best thing to do is set a £0 spend cap so that you cannot call  chargeable numbers.

Nothing O2 will be able to do on this as you took the decision to ring the number, even though it was a scam. Set the £0 spend cap so it does not happen to you again.

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 3 of 3