Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAY AWAY - M&J Acquisitions

Rob5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Very misleading as a company......... they make out they're saving you money but in fact your not because what they fail to tell you is that your tied into a contract for 3 years instead of the usual 2 years that you get with every other mobile phone provider. So in fact the small saving your making each month your paying extra over the 3 years.

Then when you add another phone to the business contract, AGAIN they forget to mention that they where also extending my current phone contract which I've already had for nearly 18 months, on to a new contract with the new phone, which meant I was unable to upgrade for a further 3 years (meaning my phone would be 4.5 years old before I'm due an upgrade) unless I was willing to pay a lot of money to to do so. Which left me no option but to buy a phone outright.

If this wasn't enough the customer service is shocking, I call and text several times without reply then when I finally do make contact they promise to call me back but never do. I also rang the office to ask to speak to someone else or a manager has I could not contact the account manager for my contract. I was told that I had to deal with my account manager directly has he was the only one with my account information. Which I find ridiculous has a company they should have my information on there system.

I would keep well away from this company, unfortunately I'm stuck with them until my contract ends in February 2022 but as soon as that date arrives I'll be gone, unless I can get out of this legally has I believe I was miss sold and miss led when throughout the whole process.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Sorry to hear that you have also had the misfortune of dealing with them.

They are well known to be of disrepute on this forum - see some links below (each should open in a new page).

The best suggestion is to see if the forum moderators can assist in any way - @Martin-O2 @Marjo can you please contact @Rob5 ?

Our normal advice when receiving ANY sales calls is to simply say "No thank you" and hang up.

Good luck and please keep us informed of how you get on.

Thread 1 

Thread 2 

Thread 3 

Thread 4 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention here @gmarkjslight_smile

@Rob5 I'll drop you a private message about this one so that we can discuss further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

Bev13yorks
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Rob

did you manage to get out of your contract with these clowns?  I'd be interested to hear if you did as I'm in a similar situation, having to wait til november 21 to get out.  Told me i have to take them to small claims court to resolve as its a 'business' issue?!

Bev

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions