Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card stuck with no tariff

FrustratedPAYG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ll try and keep this as concise as I can. Any thoughts and feedback will be very welcome.

I ordered and setup a PAYG sim last month. When the sim arrived I topped it up and ported my existing number in from Vodafone.

After doing this the sim has never worked fully. I get no data and all the calls I make disconnect automatically after 5 minutes.

I've tried calling the customer service teams and it appears that my number is neither setup as a PAYG sim nor as a Pay Monthly sim. So far I’ve spent over 7 hours on calls to the support number being passed from department to department without anyone being able to assist or take ownership of the issue. 

How can I get someone at o2 take this seriously? Have emailed the complaints team but I assume that will give as much of an F as the contact centre teams do.

Does anyone on here have any bright ideas on how I could resolve?

I do have an alternative plan. Seeing as I don’t have a tariff could I setup a premium rate phone number and just spend my time calling it making money for myself?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5747 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@FrustratedPAYG 

If you have complained, consider a referral to Resolver :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Some members of this forum have reported that they have facilitated satisfactory outcomes. 

Message 2 of 2