Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude Customer Service

David95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just wanted to give a bit of feedback regarding my experience with O2 customer service.

I phoned up O2 customer service on 4445 just yesterday to ask about the procedure for switching networks, as I am wanting to leave O2 for Three mobile because of their better data plans and for a change. I was absolutely shocked at how rude the woman who answered on the other end of the line was; first she was shouting down the phone at me when I had to ask politely for her to repeat a sentence that I didn't quite hear the first time. When I explained very very clearly that I wanted to change network and wasn't going to change my mind, she was preaching non-stop and very rudely down the phone to me that other networks didn't have tariff deals as good as O2! She was relentless and barely let me speak on the call, I had to simply wait for her to finish her rude and childish rant before I could once again say very politely, "No thank you, I still want to change network". I have never been so relieved to get off a call with customer service in my life! If I didn't already want to leave O2, this worker's idea of "customer service" confirmed that I no longer wanted anything to do with O2! She did a fantastic job of scaring a customer away for the future! I am a younger customer and have not been majorly inconvenienced, and so I remained patient and calm throughout the call, but I wouldn't blame anyone for doing otherwise, and not tolerating this employees dog's dinner for manners!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David95 I will tag our admin, who will be back on tomorrow and will want to get more details. @Martin-O2@LukasB@TheresaV 

The easiest way to leave is to just call 4445 and ask for your PAC, if you want to keep your number. If you don't have any credit, call fom a landline or borrowed mobile on 0344 8090222 or 07860 980 202

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

David95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey,

Thank you for your reply, I didn't catch the employee's name yesterday, so I probably won't be much help in providing much more info, I just didn't want it to go unnoticed, I am usually too forgiving in these matters and so thought it was worth mentioning in this case. It was only the first person who answered my call, she later passed me onto other employees and they were perfectly polite.

I acknowledge that customer service is probably an unforgiving job, and maybe this employee had a bad day or had been on the end of many unpleasant phonecalls with rude customers, but that is still no excuse for her to be rude to a customer when they are being polite and paying her common courtesy on the phone.

Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David95 It's possible that calls are recorded, so if you can give admin a time of day and where you called from they may be able to trace it.

There's no excuse for anyone in customer service to be rude. They're being paid to help, and they would have been well trained to deal with rude customers, which you have said you were not. If the person can be traced, they should be reprimanded at the least. Had they been polite and helpful, which is their job, we would not be writing about this now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

David95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for replying,

Call was to 4445 for 19 minutes 30 seconds at 15:04 on February 6th. Hope you know I don't mean to stir up any trouble with this or anything, I just felt the employee came across as being too forceful and intense over the phone when trying to convince me to stay with O2, and I just thought it best to say as it could be off-putting to other customers over the phone.

Thank you again, kind regards
David
Message 5 of 8

David95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Call was made from Aberdeen, Scotland too. Thanks
Message 6 of 8

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi there @David95 and sorry for the late reply,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. This definitely shouldn't happen and I am very sorry you had this experience. I will send you a private message as I need a few more personal details, but I will definitely make sure to pass this on internally, so that a similar situation can be avoided in future.  

Thank you for the tag @Bambino 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

Casusbelli73
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had at least 5 occurrence this last 2 weeks about employee just slamming down the phone to get ride of the problem as well.. Cancelling my o2 contract now. 

Last one with jessep this morning around 10 am. 

Edit: reading the posts, this has been happening since a while ad obviously, nothing changing. SO still no accountability for o2 employees. Yet another reason to switch  operator. 

Message 8 of 8