cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish service yet again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Barring phone whilst office closed!Barring my phone whilst office is shut to have this fixed is ridiculous!!thank god I'm in no urgency or dilemma to need phone at present. Having to wait til 8 to have this sorted is ridiculous Bearing in mind I have arrears due to obsurd charges from being abroad. I have an agreement in place and shouldn't have to waste my time constantly getting bars lifted from this phone. Once this bill contract paid in full I'll be going elsewhere absolutely appalling service.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If your bill is in arrears, and you haven't sorted that out, I'm not sure what you expected to happen? You say you have an agreement in place, but I'm sure there's nothing in that agreement that says you can be in arrears. I doubt you'll find any phone provider who will let you carry on using their service if you're not paying your bills.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous

The problem is you are in arrears with your bill payments. Whatever the reason you haven't paid what you owe. That being the case, O2 are well within their rights to bar your phone.

Customer services are certainly closed at the time you posted, so yes you will have to wait till 8am to contact them

The bar won't be lifted until you have settled your bill.

If you set up a direct debit (which is part of the terms and conditions of your contract) you could avoid this inconvenience in future.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Any verbal agreement you had with customer service would be nullified by the indiscriminate automated system which no one can override. I doubt even calling them in the morning would have the desired effect of reconnection unless a payment is made. The same system will quickly place the restriction back on the phone should an adviser remove it.

Message 4 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Reading your post @Anonymous made me laugh. You are in arrears due to an unpaid bill and not for the first time as you mention 'constantly having bars removed'.

No mobile operator will allow bills to go unpaid and continue to provide service. O2 is not unique in this respect and they are well within their rights to do what they've done; read the T&Cs.

Everyone who has replied on this thread, including me, pays their bills by Direct Debit thus avoiding late payments. Not being happy with the charges you incurred whilst abroad is no excuse not to pay your bill. That's what customer services is for to sort out queries, and arrange credits if a mistake has been made. And no they aren't open 24/7 but certainly enough hours for you to have contacted them and sorted out any queries and a payment before a bar was placed on your phone.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even 02 assistants are shocked by the charges they charged for use abroad and I never been in arrears and that's why they will keep lifting the bars for me. Sorry if I don't have a spare 250.00!! It's Xmas!plus all my kids birthdays November December January.... And before you all start slagging me I work loads and don't get benefits!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just found it disgusting they barred my phone when they were shut
I can't get it sorted til the next day that was all!!!!!
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It appears that @shell deleted her account.

Thats the second one today. People tend to use the forum as a ranting area, then when they don't like the answers given just delete their account. Ah well...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

What I don't get is she said she isn't in arresrs. So why, if that's the case, was a bar placed on her phone? I thought your phone was barred only if your bill hasn't been paid.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1

In her first post she said she was in arrears due to 'absurd charges when abroad'.....

All answers were given round that statement. In arrears equals phone being cut off....(without warning)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12