cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming service

Anonymous
Not applicable

The roaming service of O2 must be the WORST across all european providers. All it takes is 10' of facebook usage or a bit of Viber/Waht's up and immediately the data speed becomes prohibitively slow to use anything. Effectively the user has NO service when it comes to data. In times where we use data much more than voice and we use mobile devices, very expensive mobile devices as business tools, it is ridiculous to have this service. To make matters even worse, there is a blokage of streaming services and this seems to be the case even in UK!

I was trying to watch a short (4') video earlier today (I have the top packages of 30Gb at 4G) and I couldn't start it until I got on a Wi Fi hotspot! I'm paying £120 per month for my two contracts and I can't watch a F* video????

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Yes sad to say O2 have a very poor reputation for data speeds when roaming. See this thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Crippled-O2-Travel-Data/td-p/991683

Additionally they have no 4G roaming agreements anywhere....I go abroad frequently and use WiFi... so it isnt a problem for me...Best advice is to use a local sim where possible.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2's data roaming service is unfortunately not fit for purpose. I tried it here, once, £4.99, and it was totally without question, dire. Never again!

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Same everywhere you travel but o2 seem to think it's OK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes, sounds and looks good on paper  but definitely not as described and definitely not fit for purpose . Strange how the other networks can get it right.

Message 5 of 5