Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

Andrew13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is it true that O2 are about to reintroduce the rip off roaming charges for travel in Europe?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Andrew13 Yes it's true. Now that the UK is no longer part of the EU I don't know why anyone should be surprised by this. It was only a matter of time. It also won't surprise me to see the other networks increase their charges as well. They won't want to get left behind gouging money out of their customers.

Price changes and Europe Zone fair usage limit | Help and Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Must be said though..
You can use up to 25gb for free.
So anyone on a tarrif under that data figure, won't notice a thing, anyone over it, will get the paywall at 25gb
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As @pgn  posted here BREXIT 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone I have an official statement around the changes to roaming charges. Please see. below and let me know if you have any questions. 

“Less than 1% of our Pay Monthly customers reach anywhere near 25GB during occasional travel to Europe. If a customer’s UK monthly data allowance is over 25GB, from August 2 they will have a Roaming Limit of 25GB when roaming in our Europe Zone. This means they can use up to 25GB of their allowance at no extra cost – we’ll text them if they get close to the limit, and again if they reach it.  A customer can still use data if they reach our Roaming Limit, but will be charged £3.50/GB.”

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 16

Charlie1388
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve had an email to say that I can terminate with out a charge because of this change in contract, how do I do this and is it the whole contract?
Message 6 of 16

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

To be fair, if you're staring at your phone enough to be using more than 25GB during your holiday, then you might want to consider going to a more interesting destination....  rofl

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 7 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Charlie1388 wrote:
I’ve had an email to say that I can terminate with out a charge because of this change in contract, how do I do this and is it the whole contract?

@Martin-O2Can you clarify this please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Will do @Cleoriff! I'll check this with the team now. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Charlie1388

The way i have read it is if you have a tariff which has over 25GB of data then you "may" be able to cancel and only on a non refresh tariff... if you are on refresh you will need to pay the rest of your device at point of giving notice.

And to be fair to o2 every other network has fair use policies which are around the same or less with high data usage tariffs.

I agree with @Projectionist if you are using your phone that much whilst abroad then go somewhere interesting rofl

edited: as pressed enter too early 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 16