cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming & TRAVEL service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been a customer of O2 for many years and overall I'm pretty satisfied however I'd like to complain-provide feedback for the roaming service and the TRAVEL option.
Both the threshold of 100MB and the speed over this threshold are insufficient/inadequate in today's environment. 100MB are consumed in minutes and then the speed becomes ludicrously slow that 95% of the services/apps can't function properly. This is by far worse than competition. Perhaps you should introduce an enhanced TRAVEL option with 1G threshold OR even better a decent speed 300k/sec
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Perhaps raise this as an idea for o2 to look at http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Community-Ideas/idb-p/community_ideas

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is a good idea.....though personally when I am in Spain I have a lot of access to WiFi and never find it an issue.

I do have to use roaming occasionally...usually in Malaga and dont have any problems at all. Dependent on area and usage I expect...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So many complaints about data speed on o2 travel, they will have to do something if they want to keep up with the competition.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Louise Garnett

I should like to congratulate your above employee on her exemplary service.

Last Friday I attempted to question on LiveChat how I could speak to someone in France using mobile phones. Since that time, despite several hours on LiveChat and phoning 202 I have been given no credible service. I was told I needed the International Favourites bolt on, which I purchased online.

I was unable to understand why I could not contact the telephone number in France despite being given various advice, different codes, different numbers and even being told at one point that I had needed to have my line “unblocked”.

I was given the impression that I was being told absolutely anything, whether correct or not, simply to get me off the phone or line.

After 5 days I was lucky enough to get through to Louise Garnett on 202. Not only did she solve my problem immediately, but advised me that I didn’t need a bolt on at all and that my existing contract was perfectly adequate.

I cannot describe the relief, not only to find out this information, but also to find someone who actually understood my problem, spoke English, and was able to resolve my issues so promptly. I feel she deserves your congratulations.

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Toby will pass this on for you.
Thank you for letting us know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Seems to have been an unusual number of these congratulatory posts recently.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Seems to have been an unusual number of these congratulatory posts recently.

I thought the same. Always nice to see.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well as promised, I tried the roaming in Thailand....next to useless and £4,99 wasred. Better to send a letter than an email...............

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As suspected unfortunately.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15