cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of faulty items

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there has anyone out there had problems returning what appears to be a faulty

lumia 550 that wont charge properly and the joke of a customer complaints service where your passed around in circles with them all telling you the same thing but how you can get the problem resolved as a very long time customer with 02 i think im gonna be swapping networks after this total sham .Alison

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'd lodge a formal complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous What problems specifically are you having? This is a customer forum, but if you tell us the problem, someone may be able to advise you as to what to do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact Microsoft for a repair if needs to be sent away

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Contact Microsoft directly - o2 repairers will just mess you around https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I have to agree, I'd always send any device bought from 02 back to the manufacturer as there's just so many horror stories on here.

@Anonymous if you search anovo you'll see plenty of anecdotal evidence of their utter incompetence.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey bambino,Bought the lumia 550 about 5 weeks ago phone didnt charge properly even after ten hours being a smart phone dumbo thought it was me at first .Went back to 02 to return it they only offered to send it away and kept giving me the 28 return blurb .I even offered to pay to upgrade as checking some forums this seems to be a problem with this model all i wanted was what im entitled to as a consumer even taking in advice from the c ;a;b they woulnt budge poor show after being an o2 customer for 25 years .Ive worked in retail so no my rights as a consumer re; sale of goods act etc now im getting the run around by the call centre as well absolutey a major joke.A faulty item is a faulty item and a new phone shouldnt be doing that. Cheers Alibobs.

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'd lodge a formal complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers will prob try that next.
Message 8 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Thanks for taking the time to explain your issue. I would agree with what both @Anonymous and @MI5 have said. Contact Microsoft directly, and also lodge a complaint with O2. Unfortunately, O2 have adopted the policy of not caring about loyalty, and your 25 years of being a customer now count for nothing. A very poor business decision, in my opinion. I hope you get the problem sorted out. Please come back and update us when you do. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there guys;

Just thought id give you an update from my message a while ago. I was having a major problem returning my lumia 550 handset that was not charging properly.After going through shed loads of hastle and calling the call centre over 15 times i finally got to speak to a nice guy called andrew who aggreed to give me a refund on my account and is sending me out packaging to send the phone back, (RESULT) ive gotta admit though its been a struggle 02 need to address this issue in greater detail and make the process far less complicated to return faulty goods and more concern should be shown for th customer instead of there profits.Cheers alibobs x

Message 10 of 15