cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retentions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone let me know what time retentions is open til? I have tried for the past hour to get through! I end up on hold for over 20 minutes and then the call drops. It's beyond a joke! I feel sorry for the poor soul who does eventually answer the phone because they will certainly face my wrath!
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

IIRC they only work the day shift, mon to fri.
Try between 9am and 5pm.

You may wish to delete your duplicate post before someone adds a post which will then stop you deleting it.

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

IIRC they only work the day shift, mon to fri.
Try between 9am and 5pm.

You may wish to delete your duplicate post before someone adds a post which will then stop you deleting it.

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144470 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
I don't think it's appropriate for you to let go on the CS advisor that answers your call. They are not ignoring you deliberately and its not personnal. It's just very busy at this time of year with the iphone release. You will get the best response by being polite and calm wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely retentions is supposed to be a different team to cs so why should they be so busy?

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6983 Solutions

As far as I know retentions work normal office hours. Maybe you better call back when you're in a better frame of mind. Why take it out on the person answering the phone? A calm approach will be better for all concerned.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144470 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
All departments seem very stretched at the moment.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Agreed politeness gets you a lot further:) besides it would be worse if they dropped the call to have to try and get through again:(

What's up? Why are you leaving? Might be somthing the community can help with:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can someone let me know what time retentions is open til? I have tried for the past hour to get through! I end up on hold for over 20 minutes and then the call drops. It's beyond a joke! I feel sorry for the poor soul who does eventually answer the phone because they will certainly face my wrath!

Its not the persons fault who picks the phone to you, keep calm and your issues will likely be resolved. slight_smile

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'll all be happy to hear that I kept my cool and that retentions were indeed open.
I am leaving o2 because of the poor signal and I have gotten a far better deal from EE. I have experienced poor customer service many times with O2 and have simply given up with them.
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6983 Solutions

Glad to hear you kept your cool.

As always, you go with the network that has the best coverage and tariffs to suit your needs.

Hope you have a good experience with your new provider.:smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 10