Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail price index increase!

Wrighty1972
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning, received my notification of annual increase in line with RPI (retail price index) this morning. 13.4% increase WOW! as your letter states Mr Gareth Turpin, apt name really - related to 'Richard' D 1 CK Turpin by any chance, any how, at this time of increased costs, O2 jumps on the band waggon and rips another hole out of our pockets.

Find it disgraceful that O2 are jumping on this bandwagon with the perfect excuse to charge us all more.

My contracts ends this year, sad to say after 12 years with O2 this will be my last on principle. Shocking move this O2, give your heads a wobble, yes other networks may be doing similar but as a regular customer for many years you expect better to be loyal, means nothing these days, suggest other move on too, only this type of action will damage their profits!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Redfocus17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too have received a notification about price rises of 13.4%??? The RPI. stands at 10.1% so 02 are putting a price increase of 3.1% on top of that, how can you justify that increase ??? Since 02 partnered up with virgin media, the service we get has become very poor, signal keeps dropping out but 02 say system is working fine. ??? I was with virgin media at the time. And they tried to give me a price increase of 96%, luckily I was out of contract with them, so told them to shove it where the sun don't shine. And I will do the same with 02 in September when my contract ends with 02. Absolutely appalling service lately.

Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6808 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

RPI was 13.4% when the rise was set. Networks usually add 3.9% on top.

Forget the 'loyal customer' dribble your relationship is one of seller and customer in a capitalist environment in which there is no room for sentimentality.

Forget loyalty, learn to play the game. I realised that years ago. I now pay less for more data than I did in 2016!

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3