cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh contract-waste of money!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morin,
Last year I took out refresh contract 30gb iPhone 6s,A year later was looking forward to my free upgrade.
Phoned o2 to check phone was in stock and a don't have to pay upfront cost the answer to both was yes in stock.(iPhone 7plus 128gb) and no up front cost.
To my horror I was told at shop iPhone out of stock and I would have to pay upfront fee!!!!
So o2 want my iPhone 6sand upfront cost for new phone.
I strongly feel I have been misinformed about refresh contract.
After being with o2 for over ten years-feel totally let down.
Gonna leave when my contract runs out and join EE.
Also I shall be writing a letter of complaint to the FCA.
Looking forward to a response from o2
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
If you want a response from O2 you need to raise a complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Follow the process as the Ombudsman won't entertain your case until you have exhausted to O2 complaints process.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
If you want a response from O2 you need to raise a complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Follow the process as the Ombudsman won't entertain your case until you have exhausted to O2 complaints process.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10286 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

Im sorry but little sympathy here as looks as though you didnt read the t&c' s which apply to the early upgrade, and also on the actual webpage that talks about it... No where does it mention the upgrade will be free of any costs for the new handset:

http://www.o2.co.uk/on-us

O2 Refresh splits your Pay Monthly bill into two parts. The Device Plan is the cost of your phone or tablet, and Airtime Plan is the cost of your data, texts and minutes. Just trade in your existing phone after 12 months on selected tariffs, and we'll pay off your remaining Device Plan. So you’ll have the freedom to get that new phone when you want it. 

So not sure how you have been misinformed about how refresh works. I would in future suggest reading the t&c's that come with the CCA and the Airtime agreement and not just blindly click agree...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

It appears to be the case. Not just here but with many other posters. They see the latest device, want it and fail to understand fully the 'free' part of the contract.....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4