cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontracted without permission

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently I had asked o2 via webchat to change my number as I was receiving far too many spam calls. I had also asked for a replacement SIM card at the same time as my phone had went in for repairs and I was using a replacement aswell

I originally took my contract out in october 2015 and it was a 24month contract so I was looking forward to upgrade soon

I received my SIM card and change of number but noticed the SIM card said business pay monthly sim. I questioned this with o2 and they assured me it was the correct sim card and my number had been changed. I specifically asked them to assure me that this did not recontract me and they said " a change of number is not a recontract or upgrade"

Fast forward to now and I am fighting with o2 as I logged into the my o2 app to see that my earliest upgrade had changed to April 2019 ( it used to say november 2017) 

I was assured that it was a glitch in the system for changing my number and to give it 48 hours to "fix" itself. I did as the agent asked and still no change. 

I raised a complaint to be told "The number (new) ********** was taken out as a new line on 17/07/2017 this is why your upgrade date has changed to the year 2019. The other (old) number ******* has now been closed as you migrated the new number over the account *****(which was my old number)"

So in my eyes, when I asked for a change in number the agent has cancelled my old number off and opened a new line up for me and has therefore recontracted me without my permission.

I have informed o2 that I am legalled allowed to end this contract with no held to term charges as I did not give permission to be recontracted and that anytime a recontract is done there are terms and conditions that have to be read to the buyer and that we the buyers have to verbally confirm that we wish to go ahead. This did not happen 

Can someone please advise as this seems to be going nowhere

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to persist with the complaint with o2 and get them to reverse their error.
There is a link to resolver on the complaints link which works quite well
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey 

Thanks! I have asked for someone to contact me again and have been told someone will be in contact today at some point so lets see! will give update when I have one! slight_smile 

Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile
I will tag @MercedesS too as she might be able to talk to someone for you unofficially.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousI hope they do call you. If not you will have to chase them up yourself. CS are usually so busy they often don't have time to return calls as promised. Best of luck...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! Sorry to hear about your bad experience. 😞 Did you get a call back yet? Let us know. I'll drop you a quick PM (Private Message on this forum) just to get a bit of info just in case there's anything we can do to help out.

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Havent had a call back yet

One of the complaints guys that has been dealing with it doesnt start work until 1pm so I have been asked to wait until then. Although Im not 100% satisfied that this agent understands what I am trying to tell them. It has just been going round in circles 

Message 7 of 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Havent had a call back yet

One of the complaints guys that has been dealing with it doesnt start work until 1pm so I have been asked to wait until then. Although Im not 100% satisfied that this agent understands what I am trying to tell them. It has just been going round in circles 

Ok, please do post back later to let us know how how it's going. slight_smile

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo @Cleoriff@MI5

I spoke to o2 as I had to phone as yet again, false promises 

I got through to a lovely gentleman who said he will take control of my account as other agents are blaming me for this,

He spoke with many departments to try and figure out what the cause was and was very apologectic for the hold time but wanted to ensure I had all the information before I left the call

He got back to me and said that this is a very rare case and they have never come across this before. He said the system has created an error in which I asked for a change in number (order is on the system) but for some reason the system has recontracted me ( there are no upgrade orders on their system) 

he told me it has been passed to ICT Department who are a higher level and the error should be fixed in 5 days. At this point I was not offered any compensation and my request has not be fulfilled.

I outlined what I would like to be done once the error is fixed so lets hope they uphold their deal 

So annoyed that I had to contact o2 even though I was promised a call back 

Will update soon!

Hopefully this helps you guys in understanding what is going on! any more questions please ask! i will be happy to update slight_smile 

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds promising so let's hope it all gets sorted for you.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21