Did you mean: 

Reactivating old sim card and phone number

ConfusedOwl820
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys,

I have managed to get myself into a bit of a pickle. I have recently moved to Australia and have subsequently stopped using my old O2 phone number however this is linked to my email account. I have just changed my email password however I have now been locked out of my email account as it requires two factor authentication using my old UK number.

I have just rang O2 who were not very helpful stating that they are unable to reactivate my old mobile phone number without me having access to my email account. I am really stuck here as all of my life is on this email account I really don't know what to do. Is there no other way for me to verify who I am / reactivate my old mobile phone number so I can receive texts to access my email once again?

Thank you for reading, I really hope someone out there can help me as I am devastated at the moment

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6622 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Was your old phone PAYG and disconnected for none use (needs a chargable activity every 6 months ) or was it contract you closes down?

In either case it is going to be difficult.

May be easier going through your email supplier who often have solutions to this scenario

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

ConfusedOwl820
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Enlli,

Thanks so much for your repy - it was a contract I cancelled when I moved to Australia. I am frustrated as I thought O2 might be able to verify who I am another way eg. security question/address or something. Do you know if it would be possible to set up a new sim with my old phone number? Sadly I use gmail and it says this is the only way I can access my account - can't find a contact number for them anywhere 😞

Thanks so much for your quick reply I really appreciate it

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6622 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Any use

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3463280?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4