cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problems with my insurance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I cannot believe how poor O2 Insure has been regarding my situation.

My son's iPhone 6 was smashed and not working. Fully insured and we are 18months into his contract so we contact O2 Insure and they advise to follow the proces return the phone for evaluation. Few days later my son receives a call the phone is 'irepairable' and they will despatch a new one within two days. The next day he receives a call to say 'Find my Iphone' is still activated and the smashed phone and it it needed to be de-activated based on Data Protection issue. He had already de-activated the app prior to sending it in and again checking on his icloud account the phone was not activated but showing on the account. We contacted Apple who confirmed you must remove the device which we done. Got back in touch with O2 Insure and they are saying it is still showing. Took the phone into 02 store spoke with a guru and she removed and confirmed nothing was active. Took the phone to Apple store and they confirmed the same.

Now O2 insure are still showing the deveice on the screen as active after a series of frustrated call I have waited 5 days for a 'Customer Relations' person to contact to advise me of my next steps!! Not sure what they are but this will be something to behold.

This process has taken 6 weeks, the phone has not worked, they are still taking the money and insurance and my son has brought a PAYG sim and topped up during this time.

What a shambles!!!!

Trying to get O2 Insure to discuss with Apple is a joke.

Trying to O2 Insure to admit liability that the phone is 'irrepairable' and they need to replace it

Like many other people we are still paying for an iPhone we cannot use.

I do feel very sorry for the people you contact who hide behind process.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The sim card could have been put into any other phone to use the allowance etc .

But if apple have confirmed it is not linked to find my iphone then the insurance company should have replaced it

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We can only suggest you raise a complaint.
Details on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to our forum! Sorry to read you've been having such a bad experience. 😞 I have just sent you a PM (Private Message on this forum) to discuss this a bit more in case there's anything we can do to help.

Message 4 of 4