cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lovely in theory, however I had my phone stolen in Paris. I reported it immediately to O2, who blocked it. 

Returned home to discover that unauthorised calls had been made AFTER I reported it stolen.

I have spent hours on three separate chats to O2 advisors, all of whom have confirmed that I am not liable since the calls were made after my report. Each one has promised to refund my money, but on each occasion they have done precisely nothing.

Is this standard for O2, or do they actually have any customer service skills?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction then its time to make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain   Try Resolver in the link. They appear to have some good results

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Cleoriff, I will certainly look at the link you provided.

MI5 , you are incorrect. Nobody advised me how to actually get my issue resolved. 

If I posted in the wrong place I apologise, but I have absolutely no idea what a 'KB section' is. If this is purely for info then I agree the thread should be locked so people like me don't get such abrupt and patronising responses.

Message 3 of 33

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Hey Tina, don't worry, you aren't to know. KB is knowledge base and if you were to ask me, I think far too much fuss is made of having silly names for silly sections and subsections.
Yes it makes the community cleaner and tidier but if it's a knowledge base then lets call it a knowledge base and not try to be trendy by saying KB because we can't be assed to write it out in full in our eagerness to move on to the next thread and confusing new members.
I hope your experience hasn't put you off becoming a regular contributor to the crommunity.
A big welcome anyway, please stick around 😃
Message 4 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous! agree with @jonsie. You did a search and posted in what you thought to be the relevant section. You are very welcome here.. Hopefully your question has been answered to some extent. Please come back and let us know the outcome. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

The outcome so far?

No credit has been applied, despite being assured that I was going to be sorted out a week ago.

I am now being threatened with both a late payment fee being added, as well as my phone being restricted.

Absolutely appalling 'service' from a company who should know better.

Message 6 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Maybe  @MercedesS, @Martin-O2 or @Marjo could help with this as you are getting nowhere @Anonymous?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff slight_smile

@Anonymous We can certainly see if we can get things moving for you. I'll drop you a private message to get a couple of details for you and I'll escalate this for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Martin, nessage sent.

Message 9 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Martin, nessage sent.

Received and replied. Thanks @Anonymous wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 33