cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issues From Vodafone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have any other customers had issues with receiving calls from Vodafone mobiles since porting from Vodafone to 02?

I've had an issue since April 2015 that since changing networks that my clients on Vodafone can text but cannot call me. Despite finding various forums online and even some on the 02 Community itself I cannot get any assistance from either network to solve the issue.

Having called Business Support almost fornightly for 6 months I'm no nearer to sorting the problem and am at my wits end so looking for any ideas or support on the issue.

I'm convinced its a support issue, everything I've read and every conversation seems to support that. Each time I call for an update its like starting the whole procedure and complaint again so could anyone offer some advice what to do next other than cancelling my current contract as I'm not being suplied with adequate service.

Sad And Disgruntled Customer who's Patience Is Runng Out

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Porting is donor lead so the issue lies with vodafone. Only Vodafone can resolve this for you

old news article about porting but it is still the same http://www.mobileeurope.co.uk/news-analysis/ofcom-sticks-with-donor-led-mnp-but-cuts-porting-time

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies a Porting Issue

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply, have tried talking to Vodafone direct but they aren't interested as I'm an ex customer

Message 4 of 19

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

They have to take ownership of the issue you maybe an ex customer but the process failed they have to sort this for you.

Hove have you esclated it with o2 so far?

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145033 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Ask o2 cs to request the porting files again from Vodafone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Called nearly fortnight, been told its been looked into

Been into a store to prove its not my iphone

Changed the SIM

Disconnected and reconnected to the network

Asked to be ported again

Message 7 of 19

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As It has gone on so long follow the last step in the complaints process with o2 and escalate to the complaint review service http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain.

I will also tag @Toby to see if he can find a way to help you

Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks as 02 have just said they can do nothing and I have to go through Vodafone

Message 9 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145033 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Many thanks as 02 have just said they can do nothing and I have to go through Vodafone

That is actually correct though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 19