Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported o2 pay as you go to wrong contract number

empressmittens
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I stupidly have 3 contracts with o2.  I asked that my o2 payg number be ported to one of them.  Something told me to check my o2 account online straight away....and the payg number has been ported to the wrong number, my main number, the number EVERYONE has for me...

This happened at about 1pm today.  It's now 16:16, I've made 7 phone calls to o2 customer services... 2 have told me to ring payg, and the other 5, I've had to go through the whole security rigmarole, repeat what's happened 5 times, been put on hold for ages...and then the call disconnects.

This all came about as I lost my payg sim card, rang up to order a replacement (after being told 4 times I couldn't) and was stupidly presuaded to take out another contract instead 'oh you can transfer the payg number to your new contract!'....

I've just upgraded my main number.  I'll be cancelling that and the new contract as soon as I get my main number back.   Cannot BELIEVE the level of incompetence. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@empressmittens wrote:

Cannot BELIEVE the level of incompetence. 

We can......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

empressmittens
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

About the fourth phone call along I'd got through to an agent after a 20 minute wait, got through security and then when asked I politely and succinctly as possible explained what had happened...and without another word she disconnected the call.   Didn't even pretend to try and help.  The others just put me on hold for ages and after about 30 minutes the line disconnected.  

Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

empressmittens
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So after 7 HOURS of phone calls yesterday I finally got my number back...but on the wrong contract!  So I have the two numbers I wanted to keep, but they've swapped contracts with each other.  Honestly, you couldn't make it up!

I rang o2 this morning to cancel.  First I got put through to payg customer services (?) and after speaking to two more agents, finally got through to retentions, where I once again had to relate the whole of the above debacle again.  

The retentions agent didn't have the good sense to realise that nothing on God's green earth, short of o2 offering to give me the contract for the next 3 years for free, was going to change my mind...and was acting a bit shocked when I got shall we say a bit 'testy' with her.  I wasn't rude, but surely a customer shouldn't have to repeat 5 F**KING TIMES that they just want it cancelling, please.  

Return collection booked, PAC codes now obtained.  I've now gone from 3 monthly contracts to 1.  This time next year, it will be NONE.  This isn't my first experience of the appalling customer service from o2, but it will be the last.  I'm also posting my experience on every single social media site I can think of. 

Message 5 of 5