cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been with o2 for a few months now and have never received a decent signal in work or in my home , I don't receive calls and when someone texts me I receive it hours later , 02 are saying I need a new sim card but I don't see how a sim card affects a signal , I asked if I could leave due to this as I am disabled and need a signal to speak to my mental health worker and support worker and work but I'm unable to unless I use the house phone but I am not always at home , I have missed shifts due to this , work try to call me to let me know my shifts have changed but don't get through and I receive no call notification so I'm unaware of it , 02 have said I'm there terms and conditions they don't garuntee any signal at all , this is disgusting now I'm stuck with this issue for another 11 months , I Always thought 02 were the best but even virgin mobile has a better sinal for me , I am now joining virgin mobile and getting ride of 02 , I will never recommend them.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous Firstly this is a customer to customer forum and the advice given to you above is a perfect solution to your problem...

However, if it's a cancellation you're after anda reason to do this I'm afraid no signal is a non-starter.

If you're on a refresh contract, pay off your device and then you can leave no penalty. Otherwise I'm afraid you're stuck and should've looked at signal in the first 14 days like you've already been told.
Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You need to use Tu when at home off your wifi http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not accept this as a solution it is terrible you have to use an app to get the service you pay for !! O2 are useless , I pay for my bills and expect a good service not to be palmed off with an app
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
OK, no worries. Good luck with cancelling now without paying.
You should have checked whilst inside your 14 days cooling off period wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 9

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous Firstly this is a customer to customer forum and the advice given to you above is a perfect solution to your problem...

However, if it's a cancellation you're after anda reason to do this I'm afraid no signal is a non-starter.

If you're on a refresh contract, pay off your device and then you can leave no penalty. Otherwise I'm afraid you're stuck and should've looked at signal in the first 14 days like you've already been told.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah I see , I thought o2 would reply , the app I have tried and It works but the 2ND solution is perfect as I am on a refresh contract so I will be able to leave now , thanks for the 2ND solution.
Message 6 of 9

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
No O2 don't as a rule browse here. Be sure to leave any direct to debit in place until your balance is £0.

It's to best to call up on 202 to pay off device and cancel airtime at about 8am when it's least busy.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using apps that rely on wifi to make calls shouldn't be a solution o2 should pull their heads from their butts and resolve the signal probs, they expect their monthly fee and get it, however we expect a signal we can use but don't and there's nothing we can do about it

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You can always move networks.
If the signal has degraded since you took your contract you have a case for getting out free.
If you chose a network with a poor signal it's your own fault and need to pay to get out.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 9