Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal

KendalR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in Kew Road - TW9 2AS .  I have raised this problem before and have spoken to one of your consultants on the phone ( the Richmond shop weren't really interested.)   I only get 0 or 1 bar. Up until February last year the signal was much better - I've been with O2 a long time . I was told how to enable Wifi calling and I re-set my phone several times.  Hardly any improvement .

My signal is fine in other parts of Richmond ( and indeed other parts of the Country)  but very poor within about 100 metres of my house in all directions.

People sometimes phone and it goes straight to voicemail even though I'm available.

Other times I can't get a signal to dial out , or worse still it just cuts off mid call ( which should be clear from my call history.)

Unless this can be fixed I will need to cancel my contract as it's not fit for purpose, and see if one of the other networks can offer better coverage.

Thanks you. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@KendalR 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@KendalR Did O2 enable WiFi calling for you on their end? 

If you lodge a formal complaint you may be entitled to a goodwill gesture but there's no guarantee of that:

How to Complain | Help | O2

If you cancel your contract you will probably have to pay off the remainder, so if you do decide to leave, get Pay & Go sims from the other networks first to see if you get a better signal.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@KendalR 

Looks like your location is going to be poor for coverage due to location of the masts and 2 of them are down in the Park nearby, which wont help, especially if there has been flooding or the likes. 

As @Bambino has said you will have to pay off your o2 contract before been allowed to leave, as per your t&c's which I assume you read before joining o2? and get some PAYG sims and test as you might find other networks use the same infrastructure

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4