Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service in store

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Went into Buxton and asked for a replacement 5G eSIM yesterday and the store assistant told me 'she didn't think they're even a thing yet' and all she could give me was a 4G one. When I told her I'd had some from there previously she looked at me bewildered. 

She didn't seem very knowledgable and called across to her colleague to ask how to do a SIM swap while he was trying to deal with a customer. 

Pretty poor service, left in the end without a resolution.

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

I'll tag our community manager who will be able to look into this for you. Probably not until Tuesday though. @Martin-O2 can you please respond to @garetc?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

garetc
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @Bambino wouldn't usually bother to feedback but I travelled there specifically for an eSIM as they sent a physical one with my new phone.

I've been in before and had great service, maybe she was just a new member of staff. 

Message 3 of 8

Peterkin1010
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Its never good when store service is below par or perceived to be below par. 

But the chances are, the member of staff  probably doeesn't know about eSIMS. 

About ten years ago I worked for Orange'EE for a short time and had terrible trouble getting to grips with their systems. And it may well been a case of that. 

Message 4 of 8

garetc
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hmm maybe. 

She started by saying that they didn’t have any 5G SIMs in and that a 4G one would be fine, the only difference would be I couldn’t pick up 5G coverage and then went on to say she didn’t think they were a thing. 

Pretty sure she just wanted to get rid of me. I wonder if they had the 5G eSIMs in and she just didn’t look properly or could t be bothered.

Message 5 of 8

Peterkin1010
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well that's another matter entirely and you certainly shouldn't have been leaving the premesis feeling like that. Sadly some staff slip up for whatever reason. In your shoes I'd be inclined to contact O2 and tell them about it. A member of staff who gives that impression to customers is a liability as they stand and O2 need to deal with it. What if next week your contract was up and you wanted an upgrade? Would you want to go back for another load of it? 

Message 6 of 8

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino

@garetc I'll drop you a private message to grab some details which will help me pass on your feedback. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

garetc
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Did you want any information @Martin-O2?

Message 8 of 8