cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor retentions/PAC request service from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know O2 don't respond here but just thought I'd share this...
Earlier this week (after weeks of network data issues in one particular area which O2 deny that there's any problem and won't escalate it with networks) enough was enough so I called O2 to ask for a PAC. On a 30 day SIM only tariff here.
After waiting almost 11mins in the retentions call queue having to put up with the most hideous call queue music, I finally got through to what can only be described as the the rudest and most arrogant agent I have ever encountered at O2.
I explained I would like my PAC so she asked me for 2 digits of my password. As I was at work I just gave her the full password which she refused to accept. She asked me again so I told her the required 2 characters (1 of which must have been wrong) but she still refused point blank to help me. I had given her my full password FOUR times. She then said to me in a very patronising tone 'I'll give you one more chance'. I don't think so so hung up.
This was also only at 9am, in the morning. Hate to think what the response would have been if the agent in question was reaching the end of her shift!!
2 hours later I called O2 again (but this time went via the normal customer service) and this time encountered a 1000% difference is customer service. The agent asked me for my full password, was very helpful and then put me through to retentions (different agent this time thankfully) who again couldn't do enough to help me. Total length of this call was under 3 mins with a SMS contained my PAC received whilst still on the call.
If you need to speak to retentions, go via the ordinary customer service and not via the call centre 'if you are thinking of leaving us' option, it's quicker and offers way better service.
Bye Bye O2 I'm now on T-Moble who's current 3G coverage is a million times better than O2's ever will be.
I have complained about the agent in question, not that anything will come of it as all O2 ever do is just throw credit at you when you complain about anything.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Sorry to hear about your issue. It is a shame that sometimes this happens and yes its also happened to me as well a couple of times.
I always try to give them a 2nd chance and i do beleive that not all staff are like this.
Not sure why they are like this as i always treat people with respect and upmost courteous when i speak to any one on the phone in my job.
good luck with T-mobile
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry but O2 have had more chances than they deserve from me in the last 3 years. Their network is simply years behind everyone else's. It's getting worse where I live and not better - fact. O2 are simply not willing to do anything about this.
I did used to be able to say that 'well at least O2 offered good customer service', that's obviously now not the case either.
So far very impressed with T-Mobile. Their 3G coverage blows O2's away, even better now with the TMob/Orange sharing thing which is all no completely automatic and seamless.
TMob tariffs are now also better value than O2's offering more data than O2 for less money.
Still also waiting for a response from complaints review - seems they are ignoring me as well.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a 5 working day timescale for the Complaint Review Service to respond
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, the 5 working day point was Tues, hence the reason why I said I was been ignored.
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was it an email you sent?
If so you should have received and automated confirmation that your email had been received straight away.
If you didn't receive this double check you used complaintreviewservice@o2.com
Many people put an extra 's' on the end of complaint by accident and their email goes nowhere.
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you didn't receive this double check you used complaintrevieservice@o2.com
Many people put an extra 's' on the end of complaint by accident and their email goes nowhere.

Some even leave the "w" out of "review" :smileywink: :smileyhappy:
Link: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... CASE=13668
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it was an email I sent.
Boiler plate response now finally received (only after forwarding the same email to a O2 CEO email address). It really was a complete waste of my time and effort as I knew it would be.
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Out of interest, considerering the initial query was resolved and you aren't interested in a credit, what sort of responce
were you looking for?
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
im wondering why you would slam them doing dpa
when i call my bank they ask for digits out my password
so its the same is it not
i called o2 the other week and they asked me for the two digits and as i got them right they were very helpful
dont get me wrong it didnt sound nice the way you were treated
but is it possible that it was a miss understanding on that call that caused more of the upset ?
im glad you got the response
but i would be interested in what you wanted them to say if your no longer a customer
that being said im assuming they appologised
either way man
i wish you the best
Message 10 of 16