cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot believe the service I've had from O2 today. I have tried all day to get some help with regards purchasing a SIM card for my new IPAD and also to speak about my current contract.  I have spent the day trying to phone - you are advised there is over a 45 min wait - it was a lot longer so I gave up. I thiought trying 'chat' would be easier - I was so wrong.  I have not been able to connect to chat until 7pm tonight.  I went through all the security on chat, was kept waiting 20 mins before I was advised they would try and help then kept waiting nearly 30 mins only to be told they couldn't help and I was to call the support team.  I ONLY WANTED TO ASK THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN IPAD SIM AND A TABLET SIM as the tariffs are different, I did not want to order the wrong thing. Why could this question not be answered by the agent on chat I do not know and they would not answer the question why either!!!!! I then called the number give as I really want to get my IPAD sorted only to be told after 10 min wait that they needed to put me through to the sales team, got through to them after 10 mins only to have the phone disconnected ...................GGGRRRRRRR. It's been a while since I needed to contact O2 but after this experience I think I will let my contract expire at teh end of April and move to someone else.  I was only with O2 because of their customer service, it obviously doesn't exist anymore, time to move on, the premium is not worth the money anymore...................  Sorry for the rant but I have worked in telecommunications Customer Services and I find this totally unacceptable.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Sadly we hear this all too often.
Cutbacks and penny pinching is all that is important these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I will contact 3, they had the better tariffs anyway. I wanted to stay with O2 because I've been with them since pre O2, the premium was always worth the customer service provided but not anymore 😞 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Customer service is pretty much rubbish anywhere you go these days so anyone should choose a service based on coverage and price.
Checkout Three with a PAYG sim before committing to a contract just to check you get a good signal in all areas you go to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4