Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

A new Face Book group has been set up

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710445435882059/?hc_location=ufi

dedicated to Poor Coverage from O2. Despite lots of people suffering the problem O2 has buried it's corporate head in the sand and sticks to the line that they have no problem. This has gone for a few months now and people are sick of being ignored, O2 are happy to take their money but not good at providing the service expected.

They have come up with various stupid comments, my current favourite is the walls of my house are too thick - I've lived in the same house for over 10 years, my phone worked well previously so they are suggesting my walls have gotten thicker over the last few months.

Their suggestion now is I should pay £150 for a Boost Box to compensate for their poor service? Is anyone else suffering these problems?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not me personally but coverage obviously varies by area and many other factors can have an effect on signal.
It might be worth you finding your nearest transmitter and see if any new buildings have been built or if anything else has changed in your area.
It could even be that someone else is using an illegal signal booster which can knock out vast areas completely.
If you suspect this may be the case it needs to be reported to Ofcom for investigation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not a problem for me either and though I dont work away I do travel a lot to Norfolk, Liverpool and Somerset. In those areas I am the only one to get 4G (My friends are on other networks)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A recent news report here concerning illegal boosters http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-36413617?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4