Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly vs Pay as you go

a_ukboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’m currently with Three and looking to move over to o2, I got myself a pay as you go sim to try out the network, and I must say, compared to Three I find the coverage to be completely awful..

I live in the Surrey Hills, o2 says at my home postcode I should get full coverage of 2G, 4G and 4G calling and low 3G coverage! But in reality I only get 3G and 2G both inside and outside, which to be honest isn’t a real issue as I have Wi-Fi so would use that and Wi-Fi calling if needed.

But what I’m most surprised about is the general coverage I have found using the o2 pay as you go sim, I stream internet radio when In my car and I work 31 miles away in Twickenham, Three performs pretty well, I got maybe 2 or 3 places that the internet radio stops working, however with o2 it does it at least 20 times or more! I’m surprised with such an established network that it performs so poorly! Does pay as you go have access to all the same frequencies as pay monthly, obviously without 5G? 
I wanted to move to o2 for the free roaming, plus they offer esim and visual voicemail which Three don’t.. Maybe I’ll have to stay with Three! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I completely agree with you

Don't make a choice you'll regret

Well done for trying PAYG first

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

No free roaming and eSIM but 5G, WiFi Calling and Visual Voicemail are standard on Voxi (Vodafone)

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

Trevos
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 422 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The o2 signal reception would be the same regardless if on PAYG or Pay Monthly. 
The coverage maps for all networks are negligible and only give an estimate, simple things like obstructing trees can make a difference.  
As much as you see the benefits of joining O2, the basics like reception has to be the primary factor of which network to be on. 

S21 (o2); Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630 15.6 Inch UHD ( Intel Core i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD ); Fire HD 10 Plus tablet; Gigaclear 500mbps
Message 4 of 4