Did you mean: 

One UI V6.0 - No data after update

MattUK2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I'm wondering if anyone is able to help, I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S22+ with 02 as the mobile carrier. Last week I updated my phone to the latest version of One Ui 6.0 over WiFi.

Since the update I have been unable to access mobile data having to rely on WiFi or my older version of Galaxy phone (S20FE). I have tried everything short of a full factory reset to rectify the problem. I have turned it on/off, reset the network settings, took out the SIM card. Nothing is working. Luckily I am able to use my old Samsung phone for mobile data when I'm out but it is incredibly frustrating as I don't know whether it is an issue with the phone itself or 02. Have contacted Samsung via Twitter and they said maybe an issue with 02.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or can offer any advice?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@MattUK2020 

Although not the easiest thing to do, I think a factory reset is your only option now.

Use Smart Switch to make the process less painful. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

MattUK2020
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will just add that my S20 FE is running One Ui 5.1. 

Message 3 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Saw this on Samsung Members 

I just solved it for myself. I tried resetting network settings and this did not work. However when I clicked on:

- Settings 

- Mobile Networks 

- Access Point Names it was on "ims". I clicked on the O2 one which was my only other option and all of a sudden IT WORKED. The Mobile Data started working again. I hope this solves the issue for others as well. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

The IMS profile is required for wifi / 4g calling and should still contain the required info for a data connection.

Selecting a different apn will disable wifi calling.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

The IMS profile is required for wifi / 4g calling and should still contain the required info for a data connection.

Selecting a different apn will disable wifi calling.

My S23+ has it set to the normal O2 APN from day1 WiFi Calling and VoLTE are working just fine 

Phone came from Samsung and my ESim installed same day. I've touched nothing

Ims isn't even given as an option

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

I wasn't suggesting you did have it.

You raised it and I was explaining why it was there on some phones.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Would it not be better for @MattUK2020 to try the O2 APN if shows rather than a factory reset?

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

Good grief!

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

MattUK2024
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your input, I tried a complete factory reset as first suggested and it resolved the issue. Phone is now working fine. Hopefully this won't happen with every update! 

Thanks

Matt.

Message 10 of 11