Did you mean: 

O2 versus EE on roaming fees

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5787 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

From the website ISP Review :-

"However, such moves are not without commercial consequences for EE, since it makes rival operators and plans look significantly more attractive. For example, earlier this year O2 (VMO2) recommitted to continue their existing policy of retaining inclusive EU roaming as a standard feature on their plans (the only primary network operator to do so), which also seems to flow down to some of their MVNO providers.

That is contained in an article at :-

EE UK Hikes Monthly Roaming Fees by 150 Percent in 2023 - ISPreview UK

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/11/ee-uk-hikes-monthly-roaming-fees-by-150-percent-in-202...

O2 get quite a lot of criticism on this forum and rightly so. However, maybe we sometimes lose sight of the fact that O2 often offer substantially better value for money than some of their rivals. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144483 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Cost is irrelevant if you can't get coverage.

I'd rather (and do) pay more for a phone that works everywhere rather than somewhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Since the country took back it's sovereignty and going to Europe now costs me an arm and a leg in health insurance etc, roaming is of little consequence.

And if O2 doesn't get its act together on 4G Calling it will be of little consequence to PAYG users

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3