cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 ruined my credit score due to their mistake and I physically can’t get through to the legacy team

GaryP74
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Joined and left within a week due to no signal under the 14 day exit clause.

Sim only contract. Fast forward 5 months and without any emails, phone calls or letters, my credit score dropped by 300 points. Turns out 02 had incorrectly added a £260 charge to my account and sent no notifications for me to know about it or challenge it. Called 02 straight away and spent an hour being passed between departments. Then further shock as they passed the debt to a collection agency. They said they would have to settle the debt with the agency before they could even talk to me about fixing my credit score. Onus is on me to call them back to talk again once they had settled the debt on my behalf.  Shocking service and not even an apology. No info on when they will remove the defaults from my credit file.
Customer services can’t help as I’m not a live customer, I asked them 6 times now to escalate for me and pass to a manager in the UK but they can’t or won’t. No response from the complaint team after 8 days, social media team won’t help.  So far spend 6.5 hours (over 5 call attempts) on hold to the legacy team and no answer .  I’m about to sign for a new car and unless they fix the incorrect billing defaults this may stop me getting credit. I have no idea where to turn to. Can anyone suggest anything?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36459 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@GaryP74 - You should add a notice of correction to your credit file.

This will mark a query against the default and the credit agencies will be forced to question O2 about it.

Try this: https://help.equifax.co.uk/EquifaxOnlineHelp/s/article/How-can-a-Notice-of-Correction-help-me-manage...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@GaryP74 

The Credit File Referral (CFR) Team is who you need to speak to.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com or amendmentteam@o2.com 

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

It is currently taking the complaints' team up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints so it is early days on that front at the moment. 👍

Message 3 of 6

GaryP74
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 🙏🏻 

Message 4 of 6

GaryP74
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions