Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 returns issues?

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hopefully this isn't in the wrong place, I'm returning a Galaxy S20 "like new" and I'm still during the cooling off period, nothing wrong with it at all, I've heard horror stories about O2's repair services and wondering if anyone has experience with returns and whether they are honest or try on similar that the repair department does (stating water damage and marks etc)? I've photographed the phone front and back before packing to show it is immaculate and I've also taken photos of in bubble wrapped and ready to send. Just wondering what people's experience has been?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Kuribo O2 Repairs has had a bad reputation, but supposedly they have been getting better. I guess you'll find out first hand. Good to have photo documentation as backup. Well done you for doing that. If you have the chance, come back and update your experience when you get your phone back. Always a good thing for others to know.

Edited for spelling.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There is usually no problem with returns as long as the phone has no cosmetic damage. You did the right thing however by taking photos of the phone.

Message 3 of 8

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you both, Bambino and Jonsie. I will definitely update here with my experience when it's all gone through.
Message 4 of 8

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Slight update, they received it back on the 14th, I only know as I have checked the tracking number. I have asked on the official Twitter and they said they would look into it if I could DM some more information, which I have done but not heard back yet. I've also started a messenger conversation on the O2 app and asked the same but nobody has responded yet. My 14 day cooling off period ends at the end of today but I have proof that it was received on the 14th. Will update again if I hear back.
Message 5 of 8

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
If you've got proof of tracking, that's all you need. It was sent off within the 14 day cooling off period, you have done your side of it. slight_smile
signature
Message 6 of 8

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So an update. Haven't heard anything from returns department but spoke to someone on messenger via the app and they have transferred me back to my old tariff and the device plan has disappeared from the my account section. So all in all no problems and a smooth experience really.
Message 7 of 8

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, @Kuribo,

Good to hear. If ever need further help, please don't hesitate. slight_smile

signature
Message 8 of 8