Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a quote for my iPhone of £135
I agreed and they sent me their package system to send the phone in
I then got an email telling me the screen and they would only give me £25 for the iPhone 6s as it was damaged I emailed
them telling them it was fine when I packed it and if it was broken
It was either their package system or the postal service
I have been with your company ever since I have had a mobile phone and have had a few problems but we have always sorted them out I’m really not happy the way o2recycle have responded I can guarantee that the phone was in excellent condition when it left my house I have my home phone / internet service & both mobile phones and my company’s phones I will be leaving your service ASAP because the response from o2recycle was that my custom was obviously not appreciated after it must be at least 30 years
Regards ivor
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Search the forum and you will find hundreds of similar complaints.
Get the phone returned to you and you will probably find it perfectly undamaged, then take it to CEX for the full value.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I swear O2 recycle are getting worse. True scammers in every sense of the word. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions
O2 Recycle. How many times have we seen similar posts about them here? Calling them scammers is an affront to scammers. I think it would be more appropriate to just call them thieves. That they continually allow this practice makes you wonder about O2's ethics entirely.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also check that the imei is the same as your original phone
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m not sure what imei is but I’m pretty sure it’s NOT the phone I sent🤬
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a completely different phone or in a different condition to when you sent it?

Message 7 of 24

MI5
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Dial *#06# to get IMEI number and compare it to your box or original contract paperwork.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
It has a few marks on it I don’t recognise but I will check this imei thing defore it’s got a small crack on the bottomlefthand corner I can hold my hand on my heart and say it wasn’t there when I posted it it’s always been in a bump proof case
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm not sure I have original paperwork I will check I threw the box away when I sent it to o2recycle as I used their package
Message 10 of 24