Did you mean: 

O2 is becoming unbearable...

LittleJohnnyP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

So I have the usual spiel... O2 customer for years, great service, would never leave etc etc...

Well that would be the case up until recently. Since taking out a new contract in November my service and coverage has been appauling, from missing extremely important phone calls due to poor coverage (cannnot recall the last time I had more than 2 bars of signal) coupled in with the fact the internet service is as good as useless. 

I am paying north of £40 just for minutes and data, and yet to quote O2's figures, my average useage is just 14%.

I have phoned up on 3 seperate occasions now, the 1st time being a month ago. Was told engineers will be looking into it and I will be hearing back etc. Well that never ensued so again I call back up and get the same old story. The last lady though, she gave me the "manager special", supposedly her manager will be giving me a call... lol. 

Quite frankly I am sick to the back teeth of this company and I shall be seeking compensation for this farcical contract. I have been paying over £60 a month for a phone I can barely use and a contract that clearly isn't as stated. 

It really needs sorting out and I am appauled at the customer service for a company the size of O2. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@LittleJohnnyP 

You will get nothing or barely nothing from o2.. 

As o2 do not guarantee 100% coverage or 100% service uptime/ network availability (along with every other mobile phone and ISP) , and it is all in your terms and conditions, that I assume you failed to read.. (as is the usual case). 

Also signal strength is down to an algorithm that the phone uses, so not to be taken as anything. 

You can always pay off your contract and leave, Guide: Cancelling Your Contract has all the information on how to do this..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Well, this is a community of customers like yourself. O2 will not read your post

If yiu wish you can start with  official complaints and then move from there 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

If the £60 per month includes the handset, you could pay that off and leave using it on a network of your choice

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@LittleJohnnyP Consider using WiFi Calling when and where you can: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

Also take a look at these links:

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Why do I have poor coverage indoors? (o2.co.uk)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

LittleJohnnyP
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will get nothing from o2 because they are a joke. I will just take the phone, without paying and leave slight_smile best way to deal with scum 😊

Message 5 of 11

LittleJohnnyP
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No I will just leave with the phone. 6 months of missed calls and evident investigations says different. 

Message 6 of 11

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@LittleJohnnyP your frustrations come through loud and clear.  As others have said best to just pay off contract and move to elsewhere or try the wifi calling options.

Good luck if you do leave with the phone and not pay off contract 😊 Your credit record may not thank you though 😯

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@LittleJohnnyP If you take the phone and leave without paying, the chances of you ever getting another phone or contract with any other network provider is zero. Apart from what @Spenny has said about your credit, O2 will consider what you've done as theft. Make no mistake. They will pursue you. You need to think about this before you go down that road. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi @LittleJohnnyP 

Two suggestions if you believe that the contract was mis-sold to you :-

1. the Direct Debit guarantee. 

2. Trading Standards. 

Message 9 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Oxonian 

1. The direct debit guarantee only covers you if a mistake is made by your bank or the requestor, never of these apply to this situation. 

2. Trading standards will point you to the fact its in your contract and you have no leg to stand on, as the contract has not been mis-sold, as per the t&c's the op signed (but didnt read) at time of upgrade.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 11