Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insurance scam

Peterchw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 claims that insurance date starts at the moment of ordering a device and not on date it was delivered.that despite waiting 20 days for an iPad I had only 8 days to buy insurance.Therefore it’s a scam like I have never seen before and will seek legal advice.People in Custormer service are absolut arrogant mobs not interested in helping me whatsoever].

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Peterchw 

There are much better options than O2 insurance,

I just got 3 iPhones insured with Debenhams for a fraction of the O2 cost and will insure devices up to a year old at start of policy.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Peterchw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know but the way they treat me is ridiculous.

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Umm not sure exactly what you are saying but my understanding is that you can purchase insurance anytime? By the way, there are better options to choose from other than o2 insure.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Then don't give them your money!
You can also complain here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Umm not sure exactly what you are saying but my understanding is that you can purchase insurance anytime? By the way, there are better options to choose from other than o2 insure.

O2 will only allow you to take insurance within the first 30 days @jonsie and if not taken at time of purchase, you must visit an O2 store to have the device inspected too !

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Peterchw You can lodge a formal complaint here: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain You should also cancel your O2 insurance and look elsewhere. Many home contents policies cover devices such as tablets. You need to look for alternatives.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

Peterchw
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What I am saying is that o2 says you have 28 days to insure your device.now imagine if you are waiting 30 days for your iPad...

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 9