Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insurance - annoyed

Eklevaya
Level 3: Thinker
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I am an O2 customer - and I had unfortunately dropped my Ipad pro, with subsequent damage on Saturday . 1st July'17. I pay insurance for the same - and hence made a claim for the same on 2nd July'17.

DPD courier was arranged to pick up the damaged Ipad Pro, and I was advised by the O2 customer service to send back the damaged Ipad in the original box, along with its accessories ( the way I had got from O2 in a boxed condition with all its accessories when I took the contract out)

After the collection - and subsequent look at my Insurance claim from the insurance department,  I was advised my claim was accepted. 

I was sent the replacement Ipad back, which I received yesterday. Attached are the pictures of the package. I was quite shocked to receive the Ipad back in a flimsy cardboard box yesterday ( Monday 10th July '17 ), with the following issues: 

• No protection - no bubble wrap for the Ipad, which arrived in a flimsy cardboard box.
  • Ipad was returned by me to O2 insurance in its Original box with its accessories ( as I was advised by O2 customer service)  
  • I am missing the iPad in original boxed condition, with no accessories, no charger.
  • Not confident about the quality of the Ipad received back - with the fact I don't know how many times it was dropped by the DPD courier, or handled in the kind of package it arrived back to me in.
I subsequently have tried speaking to O2 customer service yesterday evening and was only advised I need to speak to O2 insurance ( with no resolution possible by customer service) during working hours of 9 am - 7 pm ( Monday - Friday )

I have just got off the phone from O2 insurance and had voiced my annoyance in terms of how I was handled as a customer between O2 insurance / and O2 customer service with no resolution in sight.

I had suggested following two things as a resolution of the matter: 
  • Send me a boxed iPad with its accessories - and collect the Ipad pro which you have arranged to send me in a very suspect package (which is not what `i will send anything valuable in the first place)
  • Send a email to the O2 store from which I took the O2 contract for the Ipad pro in first place, and allow me to return the replaced Ipad pro & collect a boxed replacement, which would be a like for like replacement ( as I had arranged to send O2  iPad in its original packed box in good faith as per advice from O2 only)
Both of my suggestions were rejected.

Now I am waiting for the resolution for the same - and I have been advised that I am free to go to Financial Ombudsman if I need to, but O2 will do its own internal investigation - which will take at least 5 working days, up to 8 weeks. Once it has been established who is at fault - Me / O2 insurance / O2 customer service - a new timeline for the resolution after that point will possibly start.

Issues I have: 

• I have to continue to pay for the Ipad pro contract - while I am not using the Ipad pro. 
  • Why was boxed replacement not sent back to me, while validating my claim when it became clear to the o2 insurance team that I sent to O2 insurance all the accessories / and boxed iPad which I should not have sent to them in the first place.
  • I have been advised that my accessories/box's etc would have been destroyed by the O2 insurance team. So what can I do as a customer - I  cannot charge the iPad without a charger, and I would want the accessories etc to be sent back to me

I must say though that after being a customer of O2 for almost 7 years plus - I feel really cheated in the way my Insurance claim has been dealt with.

does anyone else also had any such wonderful experience with O2 insurance !! 

GK
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 Insurance Helpline to check the status of my complaint.

Informed its still under investigation - while I continue to pay for the contract none the less, without using the replacement Ipad ( kept in its sealed cover).

Still waiting for a ' like - to like' boxed Ipad as the replacement.

# day 7  / ( Week 1 of the 8 week period which it can take up to investigate couple of calls I had made) 

Eklevaya

Message 11 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 Insurance Helpline to check the status of my complaint today also - 9 days in a row !! 

Informed its still under investigation - while I continue to pay for the contract none the less, without using the replacement Ipad ( kept in its sealed cover).

# day 9  / ( Week 2 of the 8 week period which it can take up to investigate couple of calls I had made) 

Eklevaya

Message 12 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 Insurance Helpline to check the status of my complaint today also - 10 days in a row !! 

# day 10  / ( Week 2 of the 8 week period which O2 insurance / O2 customer service team can take up to investigate couple of calls I had made) 

Eklevaya

Message 13 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 Insurance Helpline to check the status of my complaint today also - 11 days in a row !! 

Informed its still under investigation - while I continue to pay for the contract none the less, without using the replacement Ipad ( kept in its sealed cover). Still waiting for a ' like - to like' boxed Ipad as the replacement.

# day 11  / ( Week 2 of the 8 week period which O2 insurance / O2 customer service team can take up to investigate the couple of calls I had made). 

* Also was informed O2 Insurance backhand office ( decision makers) do not work on Saturday / Sunday * 

Eklevaya

Message 14 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Eklevaya we are all customers here so nobody from o2 customer will see your complaint just follow the correct procedure .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@adamtemp64

I am writing my complaint as an aggrieved customer on the O2 website.

Shame O2 website doesn't have an option to complain, this forum is the link on the O2 website. I am just letting other customers of O2 know about the wonderful job O2 is doing. 

PS: I have lodged an official complaint to O2 since 11th July - and I do refer to this fact in my post regularly.

Thanks for your kind words of advice.

Eklevaya

Message 16 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 Insurance Helpline to check the status of my complaint today also - 14 days in a row !! 

# day 14  / ( Week 2 of the 8 week period which O2 insurance / O2 customer service team can take up to investigate the couple of calls I had made). 

Eklevaya

Message 17 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 Insurance Helpline to check the status of my complaint today also - 18 days in a row !! 

# day 18  / ( Week 3 of the 8 week period which O2 insurance / O2 customer service team can take up to investigate the couple of calls I had made). 

Eklevaya

Message 18 of 18