Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insurance - annoyed

Eklevaya
Level 3: Thinker
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I am an O2 customer - and I had unfortunately dropped my Ipad pro, with subsequent damage on Saturday . 1st July'17. I pay insurance for the same - and hence made a claim for the same on 2nd July'17.

DPD courier was arranged to pick up the damaged Ipad Pro, and I was advised by the O2 customer service to send back the damaged Ipad in the original box, along with its accessories ( the way I had got from O2 in a boxed condition with all its accessories when I took the contract out)

After the collection - and subsequent look at my Insurance claim from the insurance department,  I was advised my claim was accepted. 

I was sent the replacement Ipad back, which I received yesterday. Attached are the pictures of the package. I was quite shocked to receive the Ipad back in a flimsy cardboard box yesterday ( Monday 10th July '17 ), with the following issues: 

• No protection - no bubble wrap for the Ipad, which arrived in a flimsy cardboard box.
  • Ipad was returned by me to O2 insurance in its Original box with its accessories ( as I was advised by O2 customer service)  
  • I am missing the iPad in original boxed condition, with no accessories, no charger.
  • Not confident about the quality of the Ipad received back - with the fact I don't know how many times it was dropped by the DPD courier, or handled in the kind of package it arrived back to me in.
I subsequently have tried speaking to O2 customer service yesterday evening and was only advised I need to speak to O2 insurance ( with no resolution possible by customer service) during working hours of 9 am - 7 pm ( Monday - Friday )

I have just got off the phone from O2 insurance and had voiced my annoyance in terms of how I was handled as a customer between O2 insurance / and O2 customer service with no resolution in sight.

I had suggested following two things as a resolution of the matter: 
  • Send me a boxed iPad with its accessories - and collect the Ipad pro which you have arranged to send me in a very suspect package (which is not what `i will send anything valuable in the first place)
  • Send a email to the O2 store from which I took the O2 contract for the Ipad pro in first place, and allow me to return the replaced Ipad pro & collect a boxed replacement, which would be a like for like replacement ( as I had arranged to send O2  iPad in its original packed box in good faith as per advice from O2 only)
Both of my suggestions were rejected.

Now I am waiting for the resolution for the same - and I have been advised that I am free to go to Financial Ombudsman if I need to, but O2 will do its own internal investigation - which will take at least 5 working days, up to 8 weeks. Once it has been established who is at fault - Me / O2 insurance / O2 customer service - a new timeline for the resolution after that point will possibly start.

Issues I have: 

• I have to continue to pay for the Ipad pro contract - while I am not using the Ipad pro. 
  • Why was boxed replacement not sent back to me, while validating my claim when it became clear to the o2 insurance team that I sent to O2 insurance all the accessories / and boxed iPad which I should not have sent to them in the first place.
  • I have been advised that my accessories/box's etc would have been destroyed by the O2 insurance team. So what can I do as a customer - I  cannot charge the iPad without a charger, and I would want the accessories etc to be sent back to me

I must say though that after being a customer of O2 for almost 7 years plus - I feel really cheated in the way my Insurance claim has been dealt with.

does anyone else also had any such wonderful experience with O2 insurance !! 

GK
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

IMG_1497.JPG

Message 2 of 18

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

@Eklevaya when you're returning any item either as part of an insurance claim, or for repair, you're usually advised just to return the product itself without any accessories/packaging etc. So in this instance it would just the the iPad Pro that would be sent off, and you'd keep the box/charger/accessories.

The terms of the insurance cover do specify that any replacement may be a refurbished/reconditioned unit - my personal experience which I know others on here share is that they are usually to a sufficiently high standard that you'd be hard pressed to differentiate between the refurb and a brand new unit.

As you'd kept the original packaging/accessories, you'd therefore have an "as new" replacement that would still be in boxed condition.

I do share your concerns regarding the lack of packaging often used when the replacements are sent out however, and have fed this back myself as a customer. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Wa10

I don't have an issue with a refurbished one / or a new one sent across to me as a replacement for my broken iPad Pro.

I was advised by customer service to send it in boxed condition as I had originally got from store - now with no original box/accessories / including the charger - how am I supposed to charge or use the Ipad.

that's the crux of my annoyance / and complaint.

Message 4 of 18

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

In that case, quite understandable @Eklevaya, I'd be frustrated too!

When you're speaking to O2 Insure, explain that to them and ask them to listen to the orignal calls - they are all recorded, so they will be able to. Assuming that the recording supports what you are saying, that obviously leaves the onus on O2 to put things right for you. And if it's necessary to continue with a complaint (an avenue you would need to exhaust, to the "deadlock" stage before you could consider escalating to the Ombudsman) then the call recording would be pivotal in that process.

Of course, the danger is if you have misinterpreted the advice given...perhas that the iPad should have been boxed up suitable for collection, rather than specifically advising you to return the box/accessories, then this could undermine any claim you may have. I obviously wasn't part of that call/conversation, so wouldn't like to speculate.

Good luck with getting it sorted, and keep us posted with how you get on. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 5 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Has anyone else also suffered issues - with O2 insurance ...I can't be the only one who has had a bad experience with O2.

Also when O2 shop - sells you insurance, it's said in the case of accidental damage/loss we will get you replaced with the same model of any device you take on contract.

I was advised to send back the Ipad - in boxed condition for an O2 insurance claim with all its accessories.

How can sending me back just the Ipad ( Minus its box/accessories/charger etc ) - be a ' like to like' replacement ?? How will anyone charge a device without its charger unit or use it at all !!!

Eklevaya

Message 6 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 Insurance Helpline to check the status of my complaint.

Informed its still under investigation.

I continue to pay for the contract none the less - without using the replacement Ipad ( kept in its sealed cover)

#day 2 / ( of the 8 week period which it can take up to investigate few calls made) 

Eklevaya

Message 7 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 Insurance Helpline to check the status of my complaint.

Informed its still under investigation - while I continue to pay for the contract none the less - without using the replacement Ipad ( kept in its sealed cover)

# day 3 / ( of the 8 week period which it can take up to investigate couple of calls I had made) 

Eklevaya

Message 8 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This could be a long thread @Eklevaya, good luck with it but I think the best you can hope for is a charger and accessories. 

Message 9 of 18

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Jonsie

Thanks for your comment.

I will accept a like to like replacement ( Boxed Ipad ) for a boxed Ipad I sent to O2 insurance only.

Of course - that will have to have the accessories/charger !! 

Eklevaya

Message 10 of 18