Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 incompetence

LeeDavies
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to make people aware to be careful of O2’s incompetence.  My account clearly shows my device is paid off, I have been sent a statement confirming this fact.  Furthermore, when you go to my account and ‘make a payment’, it also clearly states that I have fully paid my device (I also know it is fully paid).  I paid my last instalment Separately from normal DD collection)

However O2 have sent me an email demanding device payment and upon contacting so called support, they also demand further payment so I have in turn lodged a Subject Access Request under GDPR/Freedom of Information and told them to reissue my statement sent a week ago and send a further Full Statement of Account.

I am disgusted by their incompetence and will take legal action against them if they persist in fraudulently trying to obtain money that is not due.  BEWARE of the conduct of O2 everyone

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Whilst your Device Plan may be fully paid-off, the Airtime component will continue as a rolling contract until you change the arrangement, eg upgrade or purchase a cheaper SIMO contract, or cancel the contract, @LeeDavies - Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 2 of 28

LeeDavies
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m fully aware of that and upon my device being paid in full and my airtime contract at an end, I had switched to a 12 month SIM only.  Contracts were returned, confirmation received and SIM added to my account.  I then cancelled by device DD only.  Two weeks later to receive demands for device payment and O2 support even sending me a link for payment that when you clicked on, simply directed me to my account where it stated there is no outstanding payment due.

outstanding incompetence more like

Message 3 of 28

LeeDavies
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m fully aware of that and upon my device being paid in full and my airtime contract at an end, I had switched to a 12 month SIM only.  Contracts were returned, confirmation received and SIM added to my account.  I then cancelled by device DD only.  Two weeks later to receive demands for device payment and O2 support even sending me a link for payment that when you clicked on, simply directed me to my account where it stated there is no outstanding payment due.

Message 4 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

I'll ask an O2 account advisor to look into this for you, but they won't be on until tomorrow morning, and I doubt anything will be able to be done about it over the long holiday weekend.

@O2Georgina can you please assist @LeeDavies?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 28

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

I can see the customers reply, I will also send a follow up message

signature
Message 6 of 28

LeeDavies
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Georgina

Despite assurances that my issue was resolved and offered £50 compensation, I can’t use my phone as my service has been restricted even though o2 have admitted incompetence and offered compensation.  I then have to go through it all again, this is incompetence on a whole new level, Olympic standard stupidity.  O2 have surpassed themselves with inadequacies.  I will be cancelling my account, issuing legal summons for damages and taking it to the media.

still without a service and I want refunded for the time they’ve unlawfully restricted my service due to their own continued errors.

Disgusting

Message 7 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

It sounds as if you're back to square one @LeeDavies. If you haven't done so already, you should lodge a formal complaint:

How to Complain | Help | O2

If you scroll down on the link page there is another link to the Resolver complaints service, which, we're told, has produced favourable results.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 28

LeeDavies
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino, very well put, back to square one, these idiots are o2 take incompetence to a whole new level, olympic standard incompetence.  Primary School errors throughout (and that's doing a disservice to primary school pupils).  Despite further assurances on 11 April that my wrongfully restricted service would be immediately sorted, it's still restricted today 12 April. I have raised a formal complaint with o2, the resolution service and also issued them with a Subject Access Request.  

Message 9 of 28

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

They did exactly the same to me.

I did a switch up, and received a final device statement showing it was paid in full with the switch up payment.

They then proceeded to block outgoing calls on my phone and divert to a payment line that said the amount I owe is zero and must be paid before my services can be restored, yes I must pay zero.

So I ring o2, kind person on phone spends a good 20 minutes looking into account and its showing an overdue amount equal to the device plan of the previous phone I switched up from. They can't take the payment though as it shows even though I owe the billed amount, the amount due is zero.

They remove the block and say it should show on the next bill as able to pay.

Roll on a month and the bill comes in, still not able to pay the outstanding amount, because I owe zero.

They again cut off my phone. I ring again, finally get through to someone who can take a payment and end this nonsense that was no fault of mine, all the while having to listen to them asking me why I couldn't afford to pay on time and reeling off the "non payment warning" speech, even though it wasn't any fault of mine. And then a few days later I receive this little nugget.

"If you can't pay in full, it's really important you get in touch with us on 2729. If we don't hear from you we'll have to disconnect your device. This means your remaining loan of 1603.19 becomes due and you will lose your number. We'll also report late payment to the Credit reference Agencies. If you can pay 45.81 please call 0800 588 4217 or use MYO2 today. If you've already paid this amount today please ignore this message. Thanks."

I really hope they don't pull this crap again as as far as I'm concerned and o2 have told me, this device is long paid off.

Message 10 of 28