Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 idiotic billing alerts at MIDNIGHT

Diode
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got to sleep and been woken by text alerts from 02 that my bill is ready - the exact same amount as last month. Sending alerts just before midnight not a good way to keep customers guys.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10220 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Diode 

Turn off billing notifications in myo2 would solve this problem... 

Love how you complain about billing notifications, yet manage to sign up and use a forum at midnight... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Josie_2024
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not very helpful or kind response @madasaf1sh 

@Diode said just been woken up so it’s not unreasonable to look for the answer to a problem.

there are regulations about marketing at unsociable hours and this should extend to service emails. 

it should not be down to the consumer to fix this problem.

and yes I’ve been woken up and yes I need to keep my phone on and yes I’m now wide awake looking to solve a problem.

this is poor practice which needs to stop.

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6649 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Well, I'm not bothered about such things as my phone only allows calls, texts and alerts from some friends and family between 11 pm and 7 am

Learn to use your phone or press the off button before you go to sleep because sure enough one day something will come through in the middle of the night.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10220 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Josie_2024 

Learn how to use your phone, is the simple answer, and as @Enlli said especially DND and Bedtime Mode so only important people can get through.. 

And you would be surprised at how many companies send notifications through overnight... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36104 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

You may find that your notifications could benefit from a little attention, @Diode - and for info, @Josie_2024 :

https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-manage-notifications-android-phone/

Similar guides exist for iPhones, and "Flip to Shhh" is a great feature, when tailored, on the Pixel range.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 6