Did you mean: 

O2 failed to correctly move my number 3 times, unsure what to do now

HarrisonF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I requested my number be moved from iD to an O2 Pay As You Go on  the 3rd. The number swapped on the SIM but not on the account and I was locked out of my O2 account and unable to do anything with my account.

I rang O2 on the 8th and they told me I would have to create a new account, with a new SIM only deal and have the Pay As You Go cancelled. I was on the phone for roughly 90minutes. They told me once it arrived to follow the instructions on the leaflet to get my number on the PAYG (the number originally from iD) onto the new SIM only. The SIM arrived on the 9th. I followed the instructions and received a text saying this would take 24 hours. This did not work. I rang O2 early on the 13th and was promised it would take 24-48hours. I was again on the phone for about 80minutes this time. 50 hours have now passed and the number has not changed at all.

I am really struggling here, can anyone please offer me some advice? I'm hesitant to call again as I've spent nearly 3 hours on the phone so far during this ordeal and gotten absolutely nowhere. If this isn't sorted soon I will just request my account is cancelled and look elsewhere

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5874 Posts
  • 101 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@HarrisonF 

Did you manage to get this resolved ? 

If you decide to cancel you account, you might need to see :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 3 of 3