cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 customer Service hanging up on you because its close to there clocking off time

toshservice
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had my phone stolen in a mugging on Friday, because I wasn't able to call O2 to let you know my phone was stolen, as you dont allow people to let you know that via online methods these sort of things, I then had fraud on my accounts because the muggers had access to my apple pay and I couldn't call in until my partner came home from work at 6pm Friday. 

Roll on to after the phones been barred and I await the new sim, which I was told would arrive the next working day, well it arrived today, which is fine these things happen, alas, when I put the sim into my phone nothing. I check online and see I need to activate the sim, the only option online is simswap, which is practically useless as you need to receive 2 texts messages to complete that, so the next option is contacting the contact centre, who close at 8pm in the UK. 

Well surely thats fine I call at 7:33pm, finally get through at 7:40pm, literally as I do, they have up on me. Probably just bad luck, I call back in finally get through at 7:48pm and low and behold straight away they hang up on me, starting to get *bleep* off now, I call back in again and get through at 7:57pm and obvious as day now the lazy team on customer service want to get out the door at 8pm on the dot so they've been dropping calls automatically. 

This is really poor, I am without a phone service in this day an age its not easy, and I am beyond amazed there is not a way to do this activation my self. 

Pathetic service from your customer service team, and ridiculous systems in place require people who've had there phones stolen to call in to report it. What if I had no one else to lend me a phone? I'd just have to accept the fraudsters running rampent, the additional fraud effectively is at the fault of o2 at this stage on my account. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@toshservice This is not O2. This is a customer community. Report the theft to the police: 

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Lost or Stolen O2 Device

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@toshservice 

I cant think of any network that lets you report Lost or Stolen phones online to be fair..

All call centres, have a policy where they wont let anyone else join the queue, we used to just dump calls if the call queue exceeded the number of staff available...   And calling staff lazy is a bit much, Im sure in your job, you want to go home on time??  

If they had access to your Apple Pay that means they had your PIN number? And your bank can reverse those charges for you, as long as you have a crime reference number..  So that is not on o2..

The best time to call is at 8am when the call centre opens... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3